ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year Long term residence requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kpatel
BANNED

10 year Long term residence requirement

Post by kpatel » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Dear Experienced Gurus,

I have confusion regarding following information from UKBA for 10 year Long term residence requirement.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part7/
Long residence in the United Kingdom
276A. For the purposes of paragraphs 276B to 276D and 276ADE and 399A.
(v) has spent a total of more than 18 months absent from the United Kingdom during the period in question.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Page No 13
Events that break continuous residence
Continuous residence is considered to be broken if the applicant has:
• been absent from the UK for a period of more than 180 days at any one time, or is absent from the UK for a shorter period but does not have valid leave to enter the UK on their return, or valid leave to remain on their departure from the UK
• spent a total of 540 days outside the UK throughout the whole 10 year period.

I compared both documents (underlined above) and found there is huge difference between above two sources from UKBA.

Can anyone guide me the correct limit on number of days outside the UK from above guidance?

KPatel

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:42 pm

Both sources are underlining same although the 1st source calculate in months but 2nd source calculate in days.

18 months * 30 days = 540 days
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

aztec1032

Post by aztec1032 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:17 pm

And .. just to clarify.. you can not be away from the UK for more than a total 18 months (540 days) and 180 days (6 months, which would be included in 540 days) at any one time within last 10 years.

Hope this clarifies ..

kpatel
BANNED

Post by kpatel » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:58 pm

aztec1032 wrote:And .. just to clarify.. you can not be away from the UK for more than a total 18 months (540 days) and 180 days (6 months, which would be included in 540 days) at any one time within last 10 years.

Hope this clarifies ..
Thanks aztec1032 and sheraz7 to clear my confusion.

Kind regards

Kpatel