ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

60 days leave curtailment after ending employment Urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sancha

60 days leave curtailment after ending employment Urgent

Post by sancha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:37 am

My employment ended 22/11 due to revoke of my employer's Tier-2 Licence. I have not got any letter from ukba yet. I would like to know followings and would be thankful to you to share knowledge and experience.
1) I have understanding that my employer will notify end of my employment to ukba. Do I need to inform ukba about end of my employment? if yes what is the timeline.
2) I have 2 kids under 18 who are going to give their Key Stage examination next year. Will case worker consider this aspect while curtailing leave to remain (leave specified in Biometric card is 2015)? Should I inform this aspect to them now or wait for letter from ukba?
3) Can I work during curtailment of leave without Tier-2 sponsorship elsewhere? Can my wife continue working on dependant visa in this situation?
Please share your experience and knowledge to help me.
Thanks

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:27 pm

In a similar situation I have been advised by a reputable solicitor not to wait for UKBA letter and consider my leave curtailed from the date my employment ended. You certainly cannot work during curtailment of your leave.

sancha

Post by sancha » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Hello Senior Members/Guru- Please can you reply from your experience and knowledge. I do not think 60 days curtailment is from end date of employment. :cry:

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:15 pm

sancha wrote:Hello Senior Members/Guru- Please can you reply from your experience and knowledge. I do not think 60 days curtailment is from end date of employment. :cry:
The issue I see here is, if your current employer has ended your employment and you can ONLY work for your sponsor (current employer), who on earth could you work for??? You need to find a new sponsor or leave the UK...