ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Succeed at PEO Solihull. WP -Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

binhn8
Newly Registered

ILR Succeed at PEO Solihull. WP -Tier 2

Post by binhn8 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi all,
I am sharing my experiences as I find it benefits when I read from others. I got my ILR few days ago.

Come to Solihull by Train from London. I booked ticket on internet in advance so I got cheap ticket around £25. So if you plan go by train, you should book in advance. However, my return ticket at 3.25 PM while my case didn’t finish until 4.50 so I had to buy a full priced single ticket to go back London. But I couldn’t do anything about but you may want to book the return time around 4.00PM or later.

Came to Solihull from train, easily found the PEO office even it’s a normal building with a small sign, beside a law office, 7 minutes from train station. I came earlier 2 hours so I walked around the town and went to Starbuck for a cup of coffee. Solihull is a pretty town.

Came back to the PEO office. Everybody here is nice.

1) Go through security gate. They did check bag and things in my pocket. Take a seat and the security guy gave me my number.
2) Submit document to officer. The female officer was a bit concern about my IELTS and she had to phone her colleagues to check. But I didn’t not worry as I phoned Home Office twice. My IELTS certificate will be accepted even it is expired.
3) Get my biometric taken by a very nice old lady. She was very friendly, nice and make me feel comfortable.
4) Everything is now done. It took around 20 minutes. Now caseworker will check my case. There was around 10 cases in this afternoon. An officer told me I can leave the build until 3.30 PM
5) I went out for lunch, went around town again, windows shopping. I was concern about changing my train ticket so I came back to the station. But the answer I need buy a new one. So I came back to PEO office at 3.00 PM with hope they will sort out my case before 3.25 PM I can use my old ticket. Waiting there until 3.30PM, no calls so the ticket gone. 4.00PM (the closing hour is 4.00 PM) no calls. I thought my case either false or had to wait until next day. I still remain calm but a bit tired. 4.30 PM my number was called. ILR was granted.

I think if you prepare following guide in the Home Office document, you will be alright. Stay calm and don’t need to worry much. Good luck for all.

Here is my full case:
20/12/2008 came into UK under work permit (SOC salary 33K) with company A
12/02/1010 switch to Tier 2 general (SOC salary 31 200) with company B
12/02/2013 extended Tier 2 general (same job) with company B (same company)

I have no break outside Uk except paid annual holiday.

And here is my document list:
1. All Passports(1 old + 1new) + Resident Permit Card
2. Home Office Payment Confirmation Letter (full payment amount £14xx)
3. PEO Appointment Confirm Email
4. Filled SET(O) Application Form
5. 2 UK size Latest Photographs (FULL Name written on back side)
6. Letter from my current employer confirm about my job, SOC, and they still need me…
7. Letter from Employer to confirm holidays outside the UK are paid annual leaves
8. Letter from previous employer under when I was under a work permit
9. Work permit
10. A Life in the UK test pass notification letter
11. IELTS certificate (expired) above B1 level.
12. About Finances: 3 months payslips and 3 months correspondent bank statement.

Copies of all above documents.

binhn8
Newly Registered

Post by binhn8 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:21 pm

About bank statement, you will need so the latest salary transaction which is within 1 month of application date. So please make sure you have it when you book the appointment. I booked appointment after my last salary date 2 days because I thought it would not be an issue. But I went to the bank and they refused to stamp or write the letter for me. I came back next day and luckily there is an old lady stamp them for me even other said she could not do it.
So please don’t put yourself in the difficult situation.

nanmoom

Solihul PEO

Post by nanmoom » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:39 pm

[quote="binhn8"]
congrats .... was at solihull on 29.11 . 8.35 appointment and was out by 11.00.we drove to my husband and i. friendly and effortless staff. ILR Finally.... :lol:

kvora

Congrats

Post by kvora » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi Binhn8. Congrats on your ILR. I am in the process of applying one, just wanted to ask you a question. How old was your IELTS? I have given IELTS but that was way back in 2002. Not sure if that is still eligible.

Thanks

binhn8
Newly Registered

Post by binhn8 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Thanks Kvora and Nanmoon! Good to hear Nanmoon got ILR.
Kvora, my IELTS date is 2010. I called HO and they said expired IELTS is ok. But you may want to call yourself to make sure about ur case.

t_india

Post by t_india » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:22 am

Congrats binhn8.
A small info, in filling up the application form.
Since you would have paid the application fee online, what did you fill up the payment section in the form?

Also,

I am looking for applying for ILR In 4th week of Januray 2014.
But my pay date will be in mid december, due to the christmas holiday period.
Which will not be within one calendar month from the appointment date
would it be an issue?

binhn8
Newly Registered

Post by binhn8 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:12 am

hi t_india,
I did fill the payment section even I paid the fee online.

About the salary date, you should check with HO to make sure.