ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seany
Newly Registered

dependent child

Post by seany » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:13 pm Post subject: dependent child

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello i am looking for options regarding entry for our baby into Ireland.
my wife and i are both Irish passport holders however my wife has dual citizenship (Philippines)we are currently adopting our niece in the Philippines through domestic adoption as my wife is entitled to do as the child is a relative within the 4th degree,my wife is living with the child at the moment and has been since the birth 8 weeks ago,
my question is what route should we take when we decide to bring the child back to Ireland,i am also Dual Citizen Irish / British
your help would be really appreciated as i am going around in circles with no idea.
Last edited by seany on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Adopting your neice? Why, are the parents dead? Otherwise UK law does not permit the gifting of a child between families for thr purpose of settlement

Http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /set/set7/

In the case of UK-based adopters hoping to adopt a child which has been given or 'gifted' to them by relatives abroad, there is very little chance of them being able to bring the child into the UK. The UK's international obligations prevent any acceptance of such practices. Even if a foreign adoption has been completed, the requirements of the Immigration Rules will prevent an entry clearance being issued to such a child.