ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application form not working

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frustratedbrit

Online application form not working

Post by frustratedbrit » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:12 pm

I am a UK citizen and am applying for EEA Family Permits for my family to enter the UK under the Surinder Singh route. We are applying from Holland, where we have been living.

I have been trying to fill in the new online application form for an EEA Family Permit from the Netherlends (Applying for a UK visa in the Netherlands) webpage on the UKBA website. Everything seems to be going wrong. This is the link to the online application form:

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/not ... lyNow.aspx

The webpage featured a rather ominous warning that the new application form was a "beta version". Seems like they are going against good software engineering practice and unleashing software on the public without testing it properly, but they think that's absolutely fine because they have a disclaimer in there. Anyway, the following problems ensued...

1. I attempted to register yesterday morning (the first step in the online process), and was sent an activation email, but the activation link did not work (there was a 404 error, which means the webpage does not exist).

2. I sent off an enquiry email yesterday morning about this problem, using a link for enquiries, but received no reply. I also sent off an enquiry email to WorldBridge (who handle applications on behalf of UKBA) this afternoon, and no reply yet.

3. I attempted to revisit the online application form yesterday morning at about 10am, but there was an error message saying the website was too busy.

4. I attempted to revisit the online application form today, but get a 404 error for that too!

Does anyone know what is going on? Can I fill out the paper form instead?

Also, does anyone know if my pre-Nov-14th application will do? I am applying for my wife and my stepson, and filled out the form for my wife but not my stepson. The form was completed, but I did not book an appointment.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:24 am

Interesting. Please let us know how this goes/

Why are you applying for an EEA Family Permit? I thought you and your wife were already in the UK?

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:31 am

Another option is just turn up at port with the same evidence you would have supplied to the F.P. application.

frustratedbrit

Post by frustratedbrit » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:48 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Why are you applying for an EEA Family Permit? I thought you and your wife were already in the UK?
No, we're still in the Netherlands. I was hanging on to get Dutch residence cards, but after the disappointment on Friday (not recognising our marriage certificate) I thought I might as well take the plunge now with the EEA Family Permits. But then the UKBA website isn't working...

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Re: Online application form not working

Post by ice_breaker » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:46 pm

frustratedbrit wrote:I am a UK citizen and am applying for EEA Family Permits for my family to enter the UK under the Surinder Singh route. We are applying from Holland, where we have been living.

I have been trying to fill in the new online application form for an EEA Family Permit from the Netherlends (Applying for a UK visa in the Netherlands) webpage on the UKBA website. Everything seems to be going wrong. This is the link to the online application form:

The webpage featured a rather ominous warning that the new application form was a "beta version". Seems like they are going against good software engineering practice and unleashing software on the public without testing it properly, but they think that's absolutely fine because they have a disclaimer in there. Anyway, the following problems ensued...

1. I attempted to register yesterday morning (the first step in the online process), and was sent an activation email, but the activation link did not work (there was a 404 error, which means the webpage does not exist).

2. I sent off an enquiry email yesterday morning about this problem, using a link for enquiries, but received no reply. I also sent off an enquiry email to WorldBridge (who handle applications on behalf of UKBA) this afternoon, and no reply yet.

3. I attempted to revisit the online application form yesterday morning at about 10am, but there was an error message saying the website was too busy.

4. I attempted to revisit the online application form today, but get a 404 error for that too!

Also, does anyone know if my pre-Nov-14th application will do? I am applying for my wife and my stepson, and filled out the form for my wife but not my stepson. The form was completed, but I did not book an appointment.

Have you tried using different browser?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Wait until the weekend is over. They are likely having some sort of system problems and will fix them when they notice on Monday.

What evidence do you have that you have been working in the Netherlands?

frustratedbrit

Post by frustratedbrit » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:48 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:What evidence do you have that you have been working in the Netherlands?
Contract of employment for 3 months with a university. 3 pay slips. BSN numbers for me and my family. Rental contract. I also have a Dutch bank account, but it is not a joint account because my wife's BSN numbers took 2 months to come through. Do you think this suffices?

frustratedbrit

Post by frustratedbrit » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:53 am

ice_breaker wrote:Have you tried using different browser?
No, but it's a 404 error, which means the webpage doesn't exist. But could someone else please try the link themselves, just to check?

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:24 pm

ice_breaker wrote:
frustratedbrit wrote:I am a UK citizen and am applying for EEA Family Permits for my family to enter the UK under the Surinder Singh route. We are applying from Holland, where we have been living.

Have you tried using different browser?
I tried and its the same, page cannot be found. You can use the vaf5 paper application and submit.

frustratedbrit

Post by frustratedbrit » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:29 pm

I tried and its the same, page cannot be found. You can use the vaf5 paper application and submit.
How do you know that a paper application is ok?

Anyway, I managed to get through to the online form. I think the problem was that I was using wifi from a couple of locations that were not accepted by the online form.

I've got another problem now - I cannot "confirm" (the last step of the application form process) my stepson's form. It says there are a couple of sections that I have not completed, but having spent about 30 minutes looking over these sections in minute detail I cannot find any field that is incomplete!!! Anyway, I will print out the paper form and bring it to the appointment, which has already been booked for my wife. Of course the wonderful system doesn't let me book an appointment for my stepson until the application form has been completed.

I've been 3 hours at this now. The WorldBridge hotline is not available from 5pm onwards, and there is nothing more I can do.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:56 pm

frustratedbrit wrote:
How do you know that a paper application is ok?

Anyway, I managed to get through to the online form. I think the problem was that I was using wifi from a couple of locations that were not accepted by the online form.

I've got another problem now - I cannot "confirm" (the last step of the application form process) my stepson's form. It says there are a couple of sections that I have not completed, but having spent about 30 minutes looking over these sections in minute detail I cannot find any field that is incomplete!!! Anyway, I will print out the paper form and bring it to the appointment, which has already been booked for my wife. Of course the wonderful system doesn't let me book an appointment for my stepson until the application form has been completed.

I've been 3 hours at this now. The WorldBridge hotline is not available from 5pm onwards, and there is nothing more I can do.

Well for eea family permit Vaf5 form can also be used as mentioned in ukba site. It doesnt make any difference as by using the online portal your application will be received electronically whereas paper form you will submit at the time of appointment.

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:43 am

frustratedbrit wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Why are you applying for an EEA Family Permit? I thought you and your wife were already in the UK?
No, we're still in the Netherlands. I was hanging on to get Dutch residence cards, but after the disappointment on Friday (not recognising our marriage certificate) I thought I might as well take the plunge now with the EEA Family Permits. But then the UKBA website isn't working...
I would be cautious about UKBA not recognising your marriage certificate.
If the Dutch didn't recognise it, I would be a little worried if the UKBA also didn't recognise it.
What is the problem with your marriage certificate?

GW

yankeebrit

Post by yankeebrit » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:43 pm

The visa4uk website is broken and has been for the past two weeks. My wife applied and paid for her visa on the website and received no confirmation of any kind. She logged back in only to be told to pay again. However the money was taken from her account!

After a week of no progress she paid again just to move things forward. Again the money was taken for a second time but no confirmation. Logged back into the site and it's still telling her to pay.

Many emails have been sent to try and get this resolved but we have yet to receive a response.

What a poor excuse for an immigration system.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Have you complained yet to IND and asked for help from Solvit?