ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Failed Again and Again

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Davmck70

UKBA Failed Again and Again

Post by Davmck70 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi all,
Please i need advice and also information on how to sue UKBA for damages as well as breach of data protection. My timeline is below:
EEA2 Application: 11/01/12
COA Recieved: 16/01/12
Rejection Letter : 12/06/12 not Received by solicitor as he did not pick mail up. Changed solicitor and contacted HO again in Dec
Rejection Letter Re-issued: 19/12/12 with right of appeal
First Tier Appeal Lodged: 05/01/13
First Tier Appeal Hearing: 19/06/13
First Tier Appeal Allowed: 19/06/13
HO Appealed to Upper Tribunal: 20/06/13
Upper Tribunal Hearing: 02/10/13
HO Withdrew: 09/10/13 thus Upper Tribunal maintained FT decision to allow
RC ISSUED ON: 27/11/13
RC yet to be Received from Solicitor
Now the issue is that UKBA have sent the RC to the inefficient solicitor that failed to pick denial letter in London when it is meant to go to Manchester. I am concerned on what to do as the London solicitor claims I owe him money when he was just there doing nothing about my case and wants me to pay him for a failed application as well as appeal he never presented.......pls help me out here. Many thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:38 pm

You'd need to show and prove any tangible losses you'd incurred and what steps you'd taken to mitigate them.

Did you inform UKBA of the new solicitor? Did the new solicitor inform UKBA they'd be taking the case?Too many intangibles mate, let it go.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:20 pm

you definitely deserve for damages in this matter but this issue will involve a lengthy process. But i think if you use common sense and make it simple then better to negotiate with your old solicitor and release your EEA2 RC and just forget new solicitor and his charges who did nothing and ukba will also not known him too because they did not update their record.

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:40 pm

Wanderer wrote:You'd need to show and prove any tangible losses you'd incurred and what steps you'd taken to mitigate them.

Did you inform UKBA of the new solicitor? Did the new solicitor inform UKBA they'd be taking the case?Too many intangibles mate, let it go.
Many thanks for the reply. Yeah a form was filled and sent to the Tribunal at the time authorizing him to take the case over. It was signed by myself.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Davmck70 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:You'd need to show and prove any tangible losses you'd incurred and what steps you'd taken to mitigate them.

Many thanks for the reply. Yeah a form was filled and sent to the Tribunal at the time authorizing him to take the case over. It was signed by myself.
Did you send a letter of authority to UKBA separately?

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:45 pm

PaperPusher wrote:
Davmck70 wrote:

No. I would believe they have record of everything

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:07 am

PaperPusher wrote:
Davmck70 wrote:

Here is a quick update on events unfolding.

I called HO yesterday morning after receiving a call from London solicitor about my RC that was delivered to his address to challenge the reasons why it was not sent to Manchester. The lovely lady apologised and requested for my phone number after I declined to confirm the Manchester solicitor's address claiming they already have it.
She later called back to explain it was a mistake, I thereafter requested for my documents and RC to be picked up by HO and then sent to Manchester while the case worker should make a list of items received from Solicitor in London and also items sent out to Manchester as I made them aware that if any of my documents got missing, I will be suing for breach of data protection as well as damages.
The lady wanted me to fill in a letter of authorization which I declined as one had been filled earlier. Please can you advice me on how to complain as well as what to do? Many thanks