ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal Points Please give inputs

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aib
Newly Registered

Refusal Points Please give inputs

Post by aib » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Hello

I have my hearing in January and I wanted to find out where do I stand with my case.

We are planning on starting a dental instruments business to dentists and other businesses who sell to dentists

Here are my refusal reasons:

1. My CAR is missing. We think we did provide it, it has been ticked in the application and we have a copy of CAR with printing time and date on it clearly before the application was filed. So we plan to tell them that it was them who lost it.

2. As advertisement we had a website made also we had a card printed. The card they said did not mention dental instruments on it. Secondly we had a website made and the card had the website address. From my own understanding the website should amply appear the advertisement point

3. The third objection relates to the level of your business, and the description as "retail". The UKBA has clearly not understood the nature of your business. On the website itself there were prices of the products but its a dental instruments business we are running. The website only was to serve as a catalogue and nothing more. We are going to dentists an those businesses and asking them to buy from us, we do not run an on-line retail for dental instruments quite obviously. Now I have made amendments to the website and no prices appear with the products and there is a note saying "for prices please contact us". I wanted to ask another

I wanted to ask an additional thing with regards to the point above. I have made the changes I have mentioned above and I plan on taking screen shots to the court to show to the judge that we are not retail. My question is, would the UKBA have screen shots of my website when the prices were there and will they be bringing them to the court to show to the judge.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Are you PSW hoping to apply inside the UK with 50K? If so, you can't; it is not a level 4 business activity. You are not a dentist; you are a retailer (a fact which you clearly don't seem to realise) who supplies dentists! You have zero chance at your appeal and it is a shame it has taken you so long to discover this! If you intend to continue with this business, your only option is to leave the UK and apply with 200K.

aib
Newly Registered

Post by aib » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Yes i am psw as u described. The contract i have posted with my application is with another firm who then sells to dentists. So far we have not contacted any dentists. We are the company who manufactures instruments for that firm. Does this still make me a retailer?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:42 am

If you make the goods that is a different matter, and it might have helped the forum if you had mentioned that upfront, but I don't know what you make so I can't say if that is a level 4 activity.

aib
Newly Registered

Post by aib » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:42 am

I am sorry about the confusion earlier. We manufacture dental instruments in Pakistan for companies who sell to dentists. The products are at times customised and they are really not cheap.

This is just one point. What about the other two?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:34 am

If the goods are not produced in the UK that makes you an importer and retailer which is also not an eligible category. Is the entity doing the producing registered in the UK?

aib
Newly Registered

Post by aib » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Yes it is. It is my company, it is registered in UK and is providing the products to other businesses

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:31 pm

aib wrote:I am sorry about the confusion earlier. We manufacture dental instruments in Pakistan for companies who sell to dentists. The products are at times customised and they are really not cheap.

This is just one point. What about the other two?

Do you actually design the instrument or just sell it once manufactured in Pakistan? And what exactly did you put in your business plan as the main service of your business and what SOC code did you use?
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

aib
Newly Registered

Post by aib » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:48 pm

We actually design them. They are custom made. SOC. 1132