ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accompany EU Citizen Partner Visa From and Until date query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flipmodebkk100
Newly Registered

Accompany EU Citizen Partner Visa From and Until date query

Post by flipmodebkk100 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Hello,

Great Forums!

At the beginning of September my non EU partner was granted her Accompany EU Citizen Partner Visa. It was issued within 2 weeks.

When we applied for the visa we clearly stated that our travel date to Ireland would be the 9th of December 2013.

The 'From' date on the visa is 17 Sep 2013 and the 'Until date' is 15 Dec 2013, under 'duration of stay' it just has XX. It is a single entry type C visa, which I understand is the visa most commonly issued for EUTR applications currently.

After receiving the Visa I was a little concerned regarding these 'From' and 'Until' dates but was told by the Consulate that they are the dates that we can travel to Ireland and have no relation to the entry stamp. They stated that as long as we enter Ireland before the Until date (15th Dec) we will still get a 3 month entry stamp. I asked them to put this is writing but they said it was unnecessary. I also e-mailed the EUTR section of the INIS but they just directed me to a link on their website which does not make this issue 100% clear in my view.

Any help much appreciated

Many Thanks.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Whatever the Consulate advised is the right process. Don’t worry, once your partner enter Ireland before the 15th Dec, you are OK.

Good Luck

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Immigration officer ll put a stamp in the passport. He prob give u between 1-3 month permission to stay in country

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Don t worry u get a stamp upon arrival for 3months generally starting from the date u entered Ireland. This what happened with me

flipmodebkk100
Newly Registered

Post by flipmodebkk100 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:13 am

Hi,

Many thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

It seems very strange that in some cases people are only given a 1 month entry stamp by the immigration officer. The law is very clear regarding EU treaty rights and it is very confusing that immigration would give someone a 1 month stamp when the visa they hold has been granted under the EU directive.

If my partner does only get a 1 month stamp am I correct in thinking that she can just overstay this 1 month stamp (Legally) as long as we apply for her residence card using form EU1 within the first 3 months.

Thanks very much :)

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:29 pm

I have asked immigration officer on airport to give 3 months visa. He said fine and stamped the passport for 3 months instead of 1.

kelebek
Newly Registered

Post by kelebek » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:08 pm

My husband was only given one month and the immigration officer said the from and until dates are correct but then stamped my husband's passport for an earlier date!! Depends who you get but we had an awful time over 2 hours in immigration!!