ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH PASSPORT AFTER ILR ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Easy Tiger

BRITISH PASSPORT AFTER ILR ?

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:44 pm

hi , my wifes ilr application was approved last month and received her biometric card shortly after. i am a british citizen by birth , my wife is indian and my son who is 14 months old now has a british passport.

i would like to know how long does my wife need to wait to apply for a british passport and someone explain to me the process involved in getting a british passport.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:02 pm

The FAQs in the link below is helpful.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747

Your wife needs 3 years residency and meet all the standard requirements as well as have ILR to Naturalise as a British Citizen and once approved and she has attended the ceremony, she can then apply for a passport.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tonyb2
Newly Registered

Re: BRITISH PASSPORT AFTER ILR ?

Post by Tonyb2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:42 pm

After Ilr she can apply for travel document is she doesn't have her country passport.
she has to apply for naturalisation, then for british passport.