ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh route to UK from Ireland...PR to British Cit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adam caan
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh route to UK from Ireland...PR to British Cit

Post by adam caan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:55 am

Hi All

I am very grateful to everyone on this Forum for their help. Particularly impressed with Jambo and his knowledge.

I have studied the Surinder Singh route from Ireland to UK and understand all the stages. The one stage I need clarification on is the moment when a person completes 5 years and gets their PR.

I will quote Jambo below from one of his threads -

"After 5 years of residence, an application for Confirmation of PR status using form EEA4 can be applied for. Again, the same evidence from the other member state is required. Once a PR status has been obtained (after 5 years of residence), the non-EEA national can apply for British citizenship as a spouse of BC"

My questions are -

(1) Will the Non EU Spouse who has gained PR have to pass the necessary English Language Tests etc at that time before being given British Nationality or get it without having to pass such tests?

(2) If the Non EU Spouse with PR does not want British Citizenship and remains a citizen of their original Country, what are the downsides if any of remaining in this state long term?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Adam Caan

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:51 am

1. KOLL also required for naturalisation.

2. Once PR is acquired, it's subject to 15(2) and 19(3)(b).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adam caan
Newly Registered

Post by adam caan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:26 am

Thank you so much Vinny.