ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent | Past addresses for referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier_2_applicant

Urgent | Past addresses for referees

Post by tier_2_applicant » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:56 am

Hi All,

I have an appointment at NCS on Friday morning and have just realised that there is an issue with my application.
One of the referees has provided past addresses since 1st Jan 2011 which will be 24 days short of 3 years when I appear at NCS.

1. Will this be a problem? Will NCS check these details?

2. My application will reach HO by 9th December and it is unlikely that a case worker will start looking at my application before 1st Jan 2014, by which time 1st Jan 2011 will meet 'three years old' criterion. My question is whether it is three years from the date the application is received or three years from the date the case worker starts working on the application.

The referee is travelling abroad and hence it is not possible to get in touch with him. The only other option is that I postpone the NCS appointment.

Thanks a lot.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:05 am

You are over thinking.
Don't worry, it won't cause an issue. Submit your application. It isn't that technical as people make it to be. Referees are not even a statutory requirement.

freedom34

Re: Urgent | Past addresses for referees

Post by freedom34 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:05 pm

tier_2_applicant wrote:Hi All,

I have an appointment at NCS on Friday morning and have just realised that there is an issue with my application.
One of the referees has provided past addresses since 1st Jan 2011 which will be 24 days short of 3 years when I appear at NCS.

1. Will this be a problem? Will NCS check these details?

2. My application will reach HO by 9th December and it is unlikely that a case worker will start looking at my application before 1st Jan 2014, by which time 1st Jan 2011 will meet 'three years old' criterion. My question is whether it is three years from the date the application is received or three years from the date the case worker starts working on the application.

The referee is travelling abroad and hence it is not possible to get in touch with him. The only other option is that I postpone the NCS appointment
You shoud not worry too much because its not yours only referees past address but, it is three years from the date the application is received not from the date the case worker starts working on the application.

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:55 am

Thanks for your responses Ayyubi72, freedom34.