ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take for processing EEA FP in Dublin

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shinwangeutreaty

How long does it take for processing EEA FP in Dublin

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:54 pm

I am British national, been exercising treaty right in Dublin since April 2013. My wife is non EU national, who joined me in August 2013. We are going to go back to UK to live, after be advised that we are eligible to go back to the UK by Surinder Singh route. My wife has got Stamp 4 valid till Feb 2014 which is due for EU resident card application. We have submitted the EEA FP to the British embassy in Dublin on 21 Nov 2013. My wife has been removed from the UK when we travelled to Scotland in August 2013 for short holiday due to no IDs with her(her passport was at INIS for EU resident card at the time). and she used to have twice refused UK visit visas history last year.

I enclosed with the application: our original marriage certificate, my certified UK passport, evidence of self employed, evidence of living together.

Anybody knows or has some situation that how long it will take for processing the EEA FP in Dublin. and chance of the application could be approved?

Thank you in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:38 pm

according to visa processing times, it doesn't take more than 1-2 weeks. Note that decisions for applications in Dublin nowadays are taken in the UK so your application is forwarded to them for a decision.

I don't see a reason for a refusal.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

shinwangeutreaty

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Jambo wrote:according to visa processing times, it doesn't take more than 1-2 weeks. Note that decisions for applications in Dublin nowadays are taken in the UK so your application is forwarded to them for a decision.

Thank you very much, Jambo

shinwangeutreaty

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:24 am

Jambo wrote:according to visa processing times, it doesn't take more than 1-2 weeks. Note that decisions for applications in Dublin nowadays are taken in the UK so your application is forwarded to them for a decision.

There is no news of my wife's EEA family permit application from British embassy in Dublin. Its been 2 weeks waiting for the result. We have viewed few successful stories of coming back to the UK without FP. We'd like to follow. Therefore I need some advise if we could go back to the UK by ferry from Dublin to Holyhead without FP, just with my British passport and our marriage certificate and evidence of treaty activities in Dublin.

In addition, how to cancel my wife's application and get the passport back promptly?

Thank you for your help.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:49 am

You can contact the consulate and ask for the passports but I suspect it would take the same to wait for a decision/get the passport back.

dotsystem
Nigeria

Post by dotsystem » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:43 am

shinwangeutreaty wrote:

There is no news of my wife's EEA family permit application from British embassy in Dublin. Its been 2 weeks waiting for the result. We have viewed few successful stories of coming back to the UK without FP. We'd like to follow. Therefore I need some advise if we could go back to the UK by ferry from Dublin to Holyhead without FP, just with my British passport and our marriage certificate and evidence of treaty activities in Dublin.

In addition, how to cancel my wife's application and get the passport back promptly?

Thank you for your help.
It would take a bit longer because of the history. mine took 4 weeks. but don't worry, she would be granted. as self employed in Ireland, important docs are income tax letter from revenue, receipt and invoices. and they prefer trading on a business name.

best of luck.

shinwangeutreaty

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Jambo wrote:You can contact the consulate and ask for the passports but I suspect it would take the same to wait for a decision/get the passport back.

Thank you jambo and dotsystem

shinwangeutreaty

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Good news, my wife eventually received her EEA FP today after 11 working days waiting. We will go back to the UK this week. We do appreciate to all who helped us.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:25 pm

Do you plan to move back to the UK now? You should be aware that the HO is raising the post to make it more difficult to do a quick SS route so if you were planning to return home in the near future, make use of this EEA FP. As you applied under the old rules you will stay under the old rules for future applications as well.

shinwangeutreaty

Post by shinwangeutreaty » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Jambo wrote:Do you plan to move back to the UK now? You should be aware that the HO is raising the post to make it more difficult to do a quick SS route so if you were planning to return home in the near future, make use of this EEA FP. As you applied under the old rules you will stay under the old rules for future applications as well.

Thank you Jambo. I don't understand what you mentioned. We are going back to the UK in couple days.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:51 am

shinwangeutreaty wrote:
Jambo wrote:Do you plan to move back to the UK now? You should be aware that the HO is raising the post to make it more difficult to do a quick SS route so if you were planning to return home in the near future, make use of this EEA FP. As you applied under the old rules you will stay under the old rules for future applications as well.

Thank you Jambo. I don't understand what you mentioned. We are going back to the UK in couple days.
It is just that the rules are changing and it would be more difficult to do a Surinder Singh from January without spending longer periods in the other country.

If you use the Family Permit while it is still valid, you will stay under the old (relax) rules.