ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 proof of continuous residency question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kbullet
Newly Registered

EEA4 proof of continuous residency question

Post by kbullet » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:10 pm

My father is an EEA national and i'm currently holding a EEA2 which is expiring by the end of on this month

I would be qualified for PR since i would have full 5 years continuous residency by the end of the month. My father has been working at the same job for over 5 years since my EEA2 therefore he has been exercising the EU treaty rights without break.

My question is how do you prove continuous residency?
I know on my passport it has all the stamps for leaving and entry, should i include 5 year bank statements as-well?
As for my father proof of residency since they do not stamp his passport for leaving and entering, would a bank statement suffice too?

And also i do not live with my father even before the EEA2 on the grounds of overcrowding since he's living with his british wife and 2 of her kids. And i'm living with my partner. I presume I should include a letter explaining that as-well?

Thank you for your help in advance !

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA4 proof of continuous residency question

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:29 pm

kbullet wrote: I would be qualified for PR since i would have full 5 years continuous residency by the end of the month. My father has been working at the same job for over 5 years since my EEA2 therefore he has been exercising the EU treaty rights without break.
What age are you? Are you under 21, if not you will need to show that you were dependent on your father.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:29 pm

kbullet wrote:and i'm currently holding a EEA2

I know on my passport it has all the stamps for leaving and entry, should i include 5 year bank statements as-well?
Your passport should not have been stamped if you were entering under the 2006 regulations.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:31 pm

kbullet wrote: My question is how do you prove continuous residency?

would a bank statement suffice too?
In general yes, five years' bank statements would be fine.

kbullet
Newly Registered

Post by kbullet » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:45 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
kbullet wrote: I would be qualified for PR since i would have full 5 years continuous residency by the end of the month. My father has been working at the same job for over 5 years since my EEA2 therefore he has been exercising the EU treaty rights without break.
What age are you? Are you under 21, if not you will need to show that you were dependent on your father.
Many thanks for your replies EUsmileWEallsmile,

I'm 25, so if you dont mind me asking how would i go about to prove that i was dependent on my father?

Also FYI When I got my EEA2/Family Member Residence Stamp i was under 21 and I applied as a dependant on my father, though this was done through a solicitor so i don't really remember what he did/asked of me.

Thanks in advance.

samdeco03

EEA4 for over 21 non eu family member

Post by samdeco03 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi kbullet
am sorry for posting on you timeline, looking at your past post i noticed my wife is in the same situation as you were in 2012, shes an non eu family member of an EU her dad (German) which she doesnt live with him as she is over 21 knowing that your application was successful can you please tell what document you submit to support your application when you applied did you prove dependency on your dad or you just have to prove yours and dad treaty right?

Thanks