ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused re. section 3c,3d of Immigration Act.Please advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

boldboy88
Newly Registered

Post by boldboy88 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:47 pm

boldboy88
Newly Registered

Post by boldboy88 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:25 pm

Hello,
Before I vary my Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application to Tier 2, I received Refusal of my Tier 1 application!!
I have a right to appeal.
However, I wanted to get Tier 2 anyway as my circumstances have changed and my employer is ready to sponsor me.

I'm having a hard time thinking what to do,, PLEASE HELP!!

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:05 pm

boldboy88 wrote:Hello,
Before I vary my Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application to Tier 2, I received Refusal of my Tier 1 application!!
I have a right to appeal.
However, I wanted to get Tier 2 anyway as my circumstances have changed and my employer is ready to sponsor me.

I'm having a hard time thinking what to do,, PLEASE HELP!!
appeal and then send in a new Tier 2 application.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Applications cannot be made while an appeal is pending.

Once the 10 day appeal period of the T1 application has passed, but within 28 days of the T1 refusal, you can submit a T2 application. However, have it checked thoroughly because you will not have the right to appeal the T2 application if it is refused for whatever reason.

fannofler

Post by fannofler » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi guys,

I have a query regarding varying my wife's application.
We have applied last week for her PBS dependent extension as she has not been in the UK for 2 yrs to be eligible for ILR.
I recently got ILR on 5 yr basis.
Now, i want to vary her PBS dependent application on 22 dec when she becomes eligible for ILR and send SET(o) form.
Question

1) I ll include a cover letter explaining the situation and reason for varying but do i still have to complete the payment details on the SET(O)

2)There should be a refund of fee as PBS dep fee is £1545 (already paid) minus ILR SET (O) fee £1051 = £494 How will this work-do i ask for the refund in the cover letter itself or wait till the application is decided.

Anyone had any similar experience with varying an application and can help me with my questions would be great.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
manci wrote:Applications cannot be made while an appeal is pending.

Once the 10 day appeal period of the T1 application has passed, but within 28 days of the T1 refusal, you can submit a T2 application. However, have it checked thoroughly because you will not have the right to appeal the T2 application if it is refused for whatever reason.

fannofler

Post by fannofler » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi Everyone - is any one able to clarify my queries please.

I have a query regarding varying my wife's application.
We have applied last week for her PBS dependent extension as she has not been in the UK for 2 yrs to be eligible for ILR.
I recently got ILR on 5 yr basis.
Now, i want to vary her PBS dependent application on 22 dec when she becomes eligible for ILR and send SET(o) form.
Question

1) I ll include a cover letter explaining the situation and reason for varying but do i still have to complete the payment details on the SET(O)

2)There should be a refund of fee as PBS dep fee is £1545 (already paid) minus ILR SET (O) fee £1051 = £494 How will this work-do i ask for the refund in the cover letter itself or wait till the application is decided.

Anyone had any similar experience with varying an application and can help me with my questions would be great.
vinny wrote:The normal form.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:14 pm

You would have to hope that a decision is not made before December 22, if it is, then you will have to make a new application. But has things stand, I am not sure UKBA can refused processing fee. You can vary and add the difference, but I doubt that one can vary and askfor refund, when an application will be in the processing stage, pending a decision .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

fannofler

Post by fannofler » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks Obie.

I guess I am just trying to understand the varying process.

Do I have to complete the payment details on the SET (O) form when varying as we have already paid the fee for PBS dependent which is more than the ILR SET O fee. We can pursue the refund once the decision is made.

Obie wrote:You would have to hope that a decision is not made before December 22, if it is, then you will have to make a new application. But has things stand, I am not sure UKBA can refused processing fee. You can vary and add the difference, but I doubt that one can vary and askfor refund, when an application will be in the processing stage, pending a decision .

fannofler

Post by fannofler » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Can someone please respond to my query whether one has to complete the payment details on the form which i am varying on even though no additional payment is required?

fannofler wrote:Thanks Obie.

I guess I am just trying to understand the varying process.

Do I have to complete the payment details on the SET (O) form when varying as we have already paid the fee for PBS dependent which is more than the ILR SET O fee. We can pursue the refund once the decision is made.

Obie wrote:You would have to hope that a decision is not made before December 22, if it is, then you will have to make a new application. But has things stand, I am not sure UKBA can refused processing fee. You can vary and add the difference, but I doubt that one can vary and askfor refund, when an application will be in the processing stage, pending a decision .

londonboi12

Re: Confused re. section 3c,3d of Immigration Act.Please adv

Post by londonboi12 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:11 pm

So when we vary the applications ... do we have to inform on the address of previous application ? if the new application address is different ?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: Confused re. section 3c,3d of Immigration Act.Please adv

Post by Zee ali » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:10 pm

londonboi12 wrote:So when we vary the applications ... do we have to inform on the address of previous application ? if the new application address is different ?
No

with new application form attach a covering letter and explain them that u want to vary this application better to give last application ref number.

when they enter your details is their system they will know from CID that u have a pending application.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided