ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal dismissed, how long can i get my passport

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cocoxu
Newly Registered

appeal dismissed, how long can i get my passport

Post by cocoxu » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Dear all,

I got a letter today saying my appeal is dismissed. If i choose not to appeal against this decision. How long will i receive my passport and other documents from HO?

I'm planning to apply spouse visa after i get all the document. My previous PSW visa has expired long time ago, before which i applied T1(e) and got refused and then appealed. But my appeal result just came out today. Can i still make a valid application for spouse visa within 28 days? And does this "28 days" count from today or the day i receive my documents from HO?

THX!

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Re: appeal dismissed, how long can i get my passport

Post by babylondoner » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:40 pm

cocoxu wrote:Dear all,

I got a letter today saying my appeal is dismissed. If i choose not to appeal against this decision. How long will i receive my passport and other documents from HO?

I'm planning to apply spouse visa after i get all the document. My previous PSW visa has expired long time ago, before which i applied T1(e) and got refused and then appealed. But my appeal result just came out today. Can i still make a valid application for spouse visa within 28 days? And does this "28 days" count from today or the day i receive my documents from HO?

THX!
i think u can only get your documents at the airport on your way out of the country. you have 28days days to depart or make another application.

cocoxu
Newly Registered

Post by cocoxu » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:17 pm

thxvery much for the reply!

do i need to contact UKBA now or should i just wait for their letter?

wow99

Post by wow99 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:40 pm

cocoxu wrote:thxvery much for the reply!

do i need to contact UKBA now or should i just wait for their letter?
You don't need to wait for any letter. If you wish to apply for a fresh application you can do it right away in 28 days Or if you wish to return back home then I believe you have to contact ukba for more information and they will direct you to the right place.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: appeal dismissed, how long can i get my passport

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:51 pm

@ cocoxu, the earlier you send in your new application, the better because the more you wait, the more days they will term you as overstayer.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

cocoxu
Newly Registered

Post by cocoxu » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:04 am

thx a ton for all the kind replies!

my problem is my documents including passport, univeristy qualification certificate, etc, are with UKBA. So if I make a fresh application, I don't even have those with me. :?

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:28 am

cocoxu wrote:thx a ton for all the kind replies!

my problem is my documents including passport, univeristy qualification certificate, etc, are with UKBA. So if I make a fresh application, I don't even have those with me. :?
That should not be a problem. You will apply for whatever type of visa you want to apply to and you HAVE to attach a covering letter explaining the situation citing your HO reference number etc. and letting them know that they still have your documents. Good luck !

cocoxu
Newly Registered

Post by cocoxu » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:06 pm

thank u very much! that's really helpful!