ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILTR at Croydon -- Approved but no Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ckramer
Newly Registered

ILTR at Croydon -- Approved but no Letter

Post by ckramer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi there,

I went to Croydon PEO yesterday (02/12/2013) to apply for ILTR for myself and my wife. They were having IT issues so the boards displaying the numbers were incorrect and people had to wait for their numbers to be called by the officers.

Eventually I was called. The case officer told me that my application was approved and that the BRPs will be delivered in 3-7 working days. However, she cannot give me an approval letter because of the problems they were having, so I will get it tomorrow. I saw many people getting the same response. However, we did not get the letter today and when I called them, they checked and all they could see in the system that I showed up to my appointment.

I really need the BRPs as soon as possible so on one hand I can continue to get paid from my employer. On the other hand, I wanted to apply for British citizenship for my daughter before our current leave to remain expire.

Is anyone having a similar issue? Were these technical difficulties only at Croydon? Is issuing the letter related somehow to the BRPs?

Thank you very much for your help.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: ILTR at Croydon -- Approved but no Letter

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:14 pm

ckramer wrote:Hi there,

I went to Croydon PEO yesterday (02/12/2013) to apply for ILTR for myself and my wife. They were having IT issues so the boards displaying the numbers were incorrect and people had to wait for their numbers to be called by the officers.

Eventually I was called. The case officer told me that my application was approved and that the BRPs will be delivered in 3-7 working days. However, she cannot give me an approval letter because of the problems they were having, so I will get it tomorrow. I saw many people getting the same response. However, we did not get the letter today and when I called them, they checked and all they could see in the system that I showed up to my appointment.

I really need the BRPs as soon as possible so on one hand I can continue to get paid from my employer. On the other hand, I wanted to apply for British citizenship for my daughter before our current leave to remain expire.

Is anyone having a similar issue? Were these technical difficulties only at Croydon? Is issuing the letter related somehow to the BRPs?

Your BRP will on the way. Call DX and see if they have got anything for you. if not, all you can do is wait.

Hope that helps

tirfk

Re: ILTR at Croydon -- Approved but no Letter

Post by tirfk » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:22 pm

ckramer wrote:Hi there,

I was at Solihull Peo yesterday and we are also in the same boat.. they atleast told the decision verbally.. they didnt even tell us that.. they first said.. go out and come back after 2 hours.. when we came back.. we got to face only security who told us to go home and they will send the decision and all ur documents by special delivery... however no time frame though...
Dont know .. after paying so much.. we don't get decision due to their iT issues..

ckramer
Newly Registered

Post by ckramer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks a lot tahirnaveed and tirfk for your replies. It is unfortunate that they had these problems when we went there.

Quick question: they took away our BRPs and police registration certificates; why is that?

Since both tirfk and I applied on Monday, should we call DX say on Thursday?

abdusidd
Newly Registered

Post by abdusidd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi CKramer,

Same happened to me as well. They returned me all the documents including passport and said I will receive the approval letter in 1 or 2 days and it will take 8-10 days for BRP.

Let me know if you get any response.

BTW, my appointment was 10.40 AM. when was yours ? Because I checked with another applicant whose appointment was 8.40 AM got approval letter same day. so IT system failure was after 10 AM I believe

Thanks
Abdul Rahim

ckramer
Newly Registered

Post by ckramer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi Abdul Rahim,

My appointment was at 10:40 as well. Ok, I guess we will just have to wait at this point. Does the BRP take 8 days? As I explained, I need it asap to apply for my child's citizenship registration.

Also, is it typical that the police certificate gets take away?

abdusidd
Newly Registered

Post by abdusidd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:44 pm

I was told by the Case Worker that BRP will take 8-10 days. But there are many cases where people have received in 3-5 days.

I don't know about the police certificate but they have taken my Tier 1 BRP.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:55 pm

abdusidd wrote:I was told by the Case Worker that BRP will take 8-10 days. But there are many cases where people have received in 3-5 days.

You all guys at Croydon PEO are so lucky.. either you were given confirmation or letter.. or all documents..
I wasn't given any confirmation.. no letter saying they have all my documents.. or a confirmed date when I will receive the documents/ decision..
I don't even have anything to prove that my documents are with them.. as I never got to speak to them..
Is it ok not to have any confirmation that they have all documents and passports including BRP with them??? Do I need to do anything apart from Waiting???

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:04 pm

tirfk wrote:
abdusidd wrote:I was told by the Case Worker that BRP will take 8-10 days. But there are many cases where people have received in 3-5 days.

You all guys at Croydon PEO are so lucky.. either you were given confirmation or letter.. or all documents..
I wasn't given any confirmation.. no letter saying they have all my documents.. or a confirmed date when I will receive the documents/ decision..
I don't even have anything to prove that my documents are with them.. as I never got to speak to them..
Is it ok not to have any confirmation that they have all documents and passports including BRP with them??? Do I need to do anything apart from Waiting???
I got all the documents with Decision today- ILR granted. now BRP should take 7-10 working days.
All happy.. :) Best wishes guys

ckramer
Newly Registered

Post by ckramer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Congratulations tirfk,

I spoke to the Croydon office today, and they said that the letters are now printed and will mailed sometime. We just have to wait. Any news Abdul Rahim?

abdusidd
Newly Registered

Post by abdusidd » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Congrats tirfk.

CKramer, No update from side.

T1ilr

Post by T1ilr » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi

I was at Solihull for 8.30 am appointment on 02nd December. Initially they said there are IT issues. However, I got by ILR approved by 1 pm and received BRP this morning.

ckramer
Newly Registered

Post by ckramer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:12 am

I spoke to Croydon's office today. They said that a package was sent out yesterday and I was given a tracking number. It seems that they have put it in late in the day because the tracking number is not giving any information on the Royal Mail's webpage.

buffle82
Newly Registered

Post by buffle82 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi ckramer,
I also appeared at Croydon PEO on 2nd dec along with my wife for ILR. All my documents have been returned to me on the same day saying due to technical problems, Decision Letters will be sent by post in 1-2 days.

Could you let me know,Which number did you try and speak with someone at Croydon PEO to know the status of the decision letters.

Thanks,

ckramer
Newly Registered

Post by ckramer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:58 am

Hi there,

Croydon PEO's number is 0870 606 7766. Just to update: I still did not get anything. The approval letter is in the mail, but it is the cheap option, i.e., it doesn't update online until it actually arrives (what do I do with that?). I also called DX and they don't have anything for me -- no deliveries on Saturday, so I have to wait now till Monday.

Cheers to all.

buffle82
Newly Registered

Post by buffle82 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi ckramer,
Thanks a lot for your reply n I hope you get ur approval letter soon .

thanks,

madmad
Newly Registered

Post by madmad » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:29 pm

[quote="ckramer"]Congratulations tirfk,

I spoke to the Croydon office today, and they said that the letters are now printed and will mailed sometime. We just have to wait. Any news Abdul Rahim?[/quote]

Hi all,

I was @Croydon PEO Monday (2nd December) as well, I was the 3rd one in there in the morning and got all my original documents back around 11am.

I called Croydon PEO as well yesterday and get the same answer. But can't find any information on Royal Mail Tracking website yet with the ref number that the officer provided.

However, I got the DX note yesterday, the time noted on the card was 920am. I have got my BRP card this morning, I collected it from DX's Holborn office instead of rearranging delivery.

Just need to wait for my approval letter now.

Good luck all!

abdusidd
Newly Registered

Post by abdusidd » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi ckramer and buffle82,

I received DX delivery note today and I have arranged for a re-delivery on Tuesday but yet to receive a approval letter. So you guys also might receive the BRP before the approval letter.

Good luck!!

ckramer
Newly Registered

Post by ckramer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi all,

We got the BRP this morning -- I called DX on Saturday and they told me that they have a delivery for me.

Good luck to all.

buffle82
Newly Registered

Post by buffle82 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi ,

I have got my confirmation letter this morning -- stating ILR is approved and BRP cards are on its way and should be with me within 7 working days...

Thanks All for your help and replies...