ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint citizenship application and change of address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran22
Member of Standing

Joint citizenship application and change of address

Post by imran22 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:01 am

Hello members

Similar to other I am anxiously waiting for my approval to come through but to add to complication I have to move home not by choice. I just wanted to check if anybody has any experience and if they have done in the middle of application? Did you do it by post or online?

Also mine is joint application so I am wondering whether I need to fill the following form once

https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... y-details/

and add my wife as a dependent? Or do I need to fill twice (one for myself and one for my wife)? The acknowledgement letter I received was for Mr and Mrs XYZ with one reference number.

Also there was a secondary issue that me and my wife has different surnames but the letter only addressed to us by Mr & Mrs XYZ. Can this be a sign of a problem?

Thanks for answering

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Anyone can help?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:08 pm

There is no such thing as joint application / dependant application. There is a joint fee if applying together but each one is addressed separately. Your wife will need to fill in a change of address as well.

I would not worry about the acknowledgement letter.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:10 am

Jambo wrote:There is no such thing as joint application / dependant application. There is a joint fee if applying together but each one is addressed separately. Your wife will need to fill in a change of address as well.

I would not worry about the acknowledgement letter.
Thanks you very much Jambo

The form asks for a reference number should I then put the same reference number for both of us when filling out separate forms? I guess that is the only option as I have one acknowledgment letter with one reference number for both of us.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:56 am

Just put what you got.

I suggest you also set Royal mail redirection service. The HO are not very good in actioning change of address.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)