ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa leave to enter SU07 query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tiru_013
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa leave to enter SU07 query

Post by tiru_013 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Experts,

Can you please help me mith the below query. I am applying a spouse visa for my wife (settlement type- as I am a British Citizen). Just came across a form when going through VFS India website to fill in the SU07 form. And they require any one of the following documents

Certified copy of deeds of sponsor's house
Letter from building society/bank confirming they hold a mortgage for the sponsor
Housing association/council rent book or other council letter confirming address of sponsor
Bill from a utility company (gas, water etc.)
Local authority letter (council tax)
Letter from any government department

I do have a tenancy agreement for the property and dont have any bills (as I rented it including bills). They do not have tenancy agreement in the list of documnets. Do I have to get a letter from council or whether I can provide a tenancy agreement.

Your time and help will he highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kishore.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Completion of a SU07 form is only required for an Adult Dependent Visa. It isn't required for sponsorship of spouse settlement (VAF4a)

tiru_013
Newly Registered

Post by tiru_013 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks a lot Casa for your reply.

But once I fill in the form online on the first page itself it is prompting me to fill in the SU07 form along with the application. I did not come across this in the UKBA website in the list of applications/documents for spouse (from India). This is confusing and I'm really worried how to proceed with this.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:10 pm

The visa centres are now requesting an undertaking form Casa even for partner applications. I'm suggesting people complete it but make a complaint as it should be required.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks for the update Amber....and I know you intended to type 'it shouldn't be required'. It definitely needs a complaint.

tiru_013
Newly Registered

Post by tiru_013 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks a lot Amber and Casa for you time.

I will submit the SU07 form and according to the guidance Can I submit a letter from London Borough of Hounslow mentioning that I got registered in the electoral register (with the electoral number) for the mentioned address.

Can this be termed as 'Letter from any government department'??

Can you please clarify this?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Provide the tenancy agreement, a letter from your landlord explaining that the bills are inclusive and that they agree to your spouse moving in, and something else with your address on from a government or health department as proof.

tiru_013
Newly Registered

Post by tiru_013 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:28 pm

I've got the tenancy agreement and got no-objection letter from landlord. Got a letter from council. Im going ahead with these details. Hope they consider it positively.