ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - a few questions. Please help.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wozkas
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit - a few questions. Please help.

Post by wozkas » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Hello!
I am in the process of preparing documents for EEA Family permit for my husband. I am Polish, he is Cuban.
I do know what to attach, what documents, I only have a problem with technical issues, so to say. I would like us to submit the online application on 12th December 2013, not sure though if it will be possible.
Could you please advise as I am confused:

1. I do not have a certified copy of my passport. It takes over 3 weeks to get this: the Polish embassy does not do that, and I had to send my copy to Legalisation Office in Milton Keynes. They usually do it within 48 hours, however: the copy must be certified by a Notary in the UK, and then send to Legalisation Office. However, the Office does not have my signature in their database, so they will verify it. It takes around 20 days. Could I only provide a copy, plain, without anything (that what it says in the application form pages of advise) or certified by a notary. Does it have to be a British Notary or can I have one with Polish Notary certification?
(Please do tell me I can only add a copy without any legalisation/certification ;-) )

2. Some people do and attach: Biometric analysis - what is that? Is that necessary? I know that my husband will have to go to British Embassy in Poland and they will take the biometrics of him.

3. The letter of invitation, relationship and the letter of sponsorship - Do I write them here in the UK, sign and send only a scan and my husband attaches scan of that or shall I send him the original letter and then he attaches it to the print out of the application?

4. Do I have to have bank statement as print-outs, or can I have screen shots of my bank account? I do have problems with printing out the statements from the webpage of my bank.

5. When my husband finishes filling up the application online then he attaches the documents, letters, pdf with screen shots of our e-mails for example, or he only prints it out and sends all together?

I will be extremaly grateful for any word of advise! Thanks. Kasia

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: EEA Family Permit - a few questions. Please help.

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:54 pm

wozkas wrote:

1. I do not have a certified copy of my passport. It takes over 3 weeks to get this: the Polish embassy does not do that, and I had to send my copy to Legalisation Office in Milton Keynes. They usually do it within 48 hours, however: the copy must be certified by a Notary in the UK, and then send to Legalisation Office. However, the Office does not have my signature in their database, so they will verify it. It takes around 20 days. Could I only provide a copy, plain, without anything (that what it says in the application form pages of advise) or certified by a notary. Does it have to be a British Notary or can I have one with Polish Notary certification?
(Please do tell me I can only add a copy without any legalisation/certification ;-) )

You need none of the notary or embassy stamps or anything. Just make photocopies of passport, and get them certified by any solicitor. Should cost no more than £ 10. ( You do not need notarised. Notarised will cost over £ 50)

2. Some people do and attach: Biometric analysis - what is that? Is that necessary? I know that my husband will have to go to British Embassy in Poland and they will take the biometrics of him.

That's not your headache. Its the headache of British embassy. If they want to take biometrics or don't take biometrics or do a biometric analysis, leave it to them.

3. The letter of invitation, relationship and the letter of sponsorship - Do I write them here in the UK, sign and send only a scan and my husband attaches scan of that or shall I send him the original letter and then he attaches it to the print out of the application?

All documents you submit, make sure they are originals. No scans or photocopies.

4. Do I have to have bank statement as print-outs, or can I have screen shots of my bank account? I do have problems with printing out the statements from the webpage of my bank.

Bank statements must be originals. If they are online printouts, then they must clearly show bank's name and logo etc, and then you must take them to a branch of bank and get them stamped by the bank. Best way is, if you only get online statements, then either ring or go to your bank and ask them to send past few months bank statements in post. They might charge a small fee for that.

5. When my husband finishes filling up the application online then he attaches the documents, letters, pdf with screen shots of our e-mails for example, or he only prints it out and sends all together?

Applications is submitted online, then printed on the printer.Then all the original supporting documents are also included in the bundle, and the whole thing is physically submitted to the embassy.

I will be extremaly grateful for any word of advise! Thanks. Kasia