ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship application for minor

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lookily
Newly Registered

citizenship application for minor

Post by lookily » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi,

I am an Irish Citizen and i have a 2 years old baby.who was born before my naturalisation. i have got naturalisation in March 2013.Now she has got joint parent visa and coming to Ireland. I just want to know that can i apply for her naturalisation ?as soon she arrive to Ireland or do need to wait for a specific time period.Thank you so much for your time.

maxtor
Newly Registered

Post by maxtor » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:47 am

No.

change2
Newly Registered

Post by change2 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Form 9 - Application for a certificate of naturalisation for a minor, says the following:

"Please note that your child/children must have at least 3 years residence in the State prior to the date of application"

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:18 pm

The child must be here three years to get citizenship, but it does not matter, as the child is young. You still get child benefit, and all other entitlements for the child.

It would matter if the child was older, as non-EU teenager pays full fee for university, and that is the only case where it really makes a big financial difference.

Was the child born in Ireland - if yes then she may be an irish citizen anyway ( a child born in Ireland after the parent has completed three legal residence years in Ireland immediately before the birth is Irish)?
BL