ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naruto
Malta

Hi Jambo

Post by naruto » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks for the quick reply,

However, yes I have and it was valid until 2015, however, it’s obvious that they have made a big mistake as they did not see the renewal stamp on my passprt I mean they had no reason to refuse me as I provided everything the regulations asked for so they pull out this stupid reason that my passport was expired.

However how would I ask for reconsideration? plz

Regards
LaDolceVita

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Hi Jambo

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:08 pm

naruto wrote:Thanks for the quick reply,

However, yes I have and it was valid until 2015, however, it’s obvious that they have made a big mistake as they did not see the renewal stamp on my passprt I mean they had no reason to refuse me as I provided everything the regulations asked for so they pull out this stupid reason that my passport was expired.

However how would I ask for reconsideration? plz

Regards
Follow this thread to read about reconsideration. Your lawyer should know how this is done (basically writing a letter).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

naruto
Malta

Hi Jambo

Post by naruto » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks so much for your help,

what are your thoughts about my case and the reason of refusal? do you think they will reconsider or ask me to go for the appeal process?

sorry to bother my friend.

Regards
LaDolceVita

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Hi Jambo

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:53 pm

naruto wrote:Thanks so much for your help,

what are your thoughts about my case and the reason of refusal? do you think they will reconsider or ask me to go for the appeal process?

sorry to bother my friend.

Regards
From the information you have provided here, I don't see a reason to refuse a reconsideration request and to reverse the decision.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

s_safdar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by s_safdar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:08 pm

Hello All,

I have been following this group long time and reading post for EEA4 applications route.

I have posted my application on 22nd of June 2013 and got my COA 24th June. I have called HO yesterday regarding the status of my application as 6 months will complete on 22nd of December and the person I spoke with told me that no one has looked into the application and it is in queue.

Would you be able to let me know what should I do next, please.

Thanks in Advanced.
Syed

iffi
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Post by iffi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:33 am

s_safdar wrote:Hello All,

I have been following this group long time and reading post for EEA4 applications route.

I have posted my application on 22nd of June 2013 and got my COA 24th June. I have called HO yesterday regarding the status of my application as 6 months will complete on 22nd of December and the person I spoke with told me that no one has looked into the application and it is in queue.

Thanks in Advanced.
Syed
Syed you are not the only one lots of other are suffering too.

What you should do is contact your local MP to write them on your behalf and if you need to travel urgent then ask for Passport return via online form which will not stop the EEA4 application process.

As i submitted my EEA4 Application on 16th May and its already 6 months and three weeks so i requested my passport back on 7th November but still waiting for it. I spoke to home office yesterday, the person i spoke was very helpful and said we had meeting earlier this week and aiming to process the applications as quickly as possible which are due six months. so he told me that i should hear from them in next 2 weeks. I have also contacted my MP to write them on my behalf, My MP confirmed that they have already sent a letter to them earlier this week.

its really driving me mad because i have to travel soon but i am still waiting for my passport :(

Irfan

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:26 am

iffi wrote:
s_safdar wrote:Hello All,

Thanks in Advanced.
Syed
Syed you are not the only one lots of other are suffering too.

What you should do is contact your local MP to write them on your behalf and if you need to travel urgent then ask for Passport return via online form which will not stop the EEA4 application process.

As i submitted my EEA4 Application on 16th May and its already 6 months and three weeks so i requested my passport back on 7th November but still waiting for it. I spoke to home office yesterday, the person i spoke was very helpful and said we had meeting earlier this week and aiming to process the applications as quickly as possible which are due six months. so he told me that i should hear from them in next 2 weeks. I have also contacted my MP to write them on my behalf, My MP confirmed that they have already sent a letter to them earlier this week.

its really driving me mad because i have to travel soon but i am still waiting for my passport :(

Irfan
update about my passport;

I have been chasing UKBA for my passport return via MP and phone calls, Yesterday i spoke to UKBA again and the confirmed that my passport will be dispatched tomorrow so i can travel.

But decision on application is not made yet, its already 6 months and 3 weeks now since i submitted my EEA4 Application.

The person i spoke yesterday told me that it will take upto 2 weeks more for my application to be decided. which means they are taking more than 7 months for my application

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:27 am

update about my passport;

I have been chasing UKBA for my passport return via MP and phone calls, Yesterday i spoke to UKBA again and the confirmed that my passport will be dispatched tomorrow so i can travel.

But decision on application is not made yet, its already 6 months and 3 weeks now since i submitted my EEA4 Application.

The person i spoke yesterday told me that it will take upto 2 weeks more for my application to be decided. which means they are taking more than 7 months for my application

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:55 am

iffi wrote:update about my passport;

Hello again Guys,

Update about my passport,

I have received my passport yesterday as i requested it back for travel purpose on 7th of November.

Here is my history again;

July 2006 Came to the UK as a student
June 2008 married to EEA National
June 2008 Applied for EEA2
It took so long to receive my EEA2 Card;
January 2010 Received EEA2
August 2011 Separated and Divorced December 2011
December 2011 applied for Retention of Right
March 2012 Received it
16 May 2013 applied for EEA4 (After 5 yrs of marriage)
7 November Request the passport back for travel purpose
Called home office 4-5 times
Involved Local MP
Received my passport on 12th December without PR

Still waiting for PR, it is almost 7 Months now

:(

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:04 am

iffi wrote:

Hello again Guys,

I have received my passport yesterday as i requested it back for travel purpose on 7th of November.

March 2012 Received it
Involved Local MP

Hello iffi, from the look of things it seems you applied for your PR before 5years of marriage, what do you think about that? anyway i pray you recieve ur PR soon by the grace of God, Amen
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:43 am

Hellllo every oneeee!

Unbelievable!!!
I received special delivery post 2 hrs ago, and......and......
my passport endorsed with PR.

applied 21 OCT 2013
PR issued 07 DEC
received today on 13 DEC.
total time taken to issue PR= 6 weeks + 6 days.

I applied exact 5 years of marriage and prepared my case by myself.
I included covering letter with list of documents provided + i submitted all documents in sequence with temporary numbering on it.
I can assure you guys well organised case can reduce time.
Good luck to those who waiting for PR

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:44 am

Favour100 wrote:
iffi wrote:

Hello again Guys,

March 2012 Received it
Involved Local MP

Hello iffi, from the look of things it seems you applied for your PR before 5years of marriage, what do you think about that? anyway i pray you recieve ur PR soon by the grace of God, Amen
Thanks for that !
Actually i applied 20 days early which is fine, Home Office can accept it 28 days early, even some people apply 2 months early but they said home office did not return their file and accepted.

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:53 am

slough_Boy wrote:Hellllo every oneeee!

Unbelievable!!!

applied 21 OCT 2013
PR issued 07 DEC

I included covering letter with list of documents provided + i submitted all documents in sequence with temporary numbering on it.
Congratulations to you !

jaweb
Member of Standing

Really fast service

Post by jaweb » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we sent our EEA4 on 4th November 2013 and got the 10 year visa today (13/12/13)
Didnt ask anything, sent back everything. It took a month for them. we are very happy :)

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:03 am

Unbelievable!!!

applied 21 OCT 2013
PR issued 07 DEC

Now when can I apply Naturalization?
after 6 years of marriage
or
after 12 months of issuing PR.

there is only 1 month and 16 days difference between completion of six years of marriage and PR issue date.

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:03 am

Congratulations to all those testifying of receipt of PR. To those waiting, it shall come stay strong
Worry adds nothing but fear

silontong
Newly Registered

Post by silontong » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Unbelievable!!!

applied 21 OCT 2013
PR issued 07 DEC

Congratulation mate!, its's look like new record to get PR so far.
For Naturalization just wait until you complete 12 month with your PR, 1 month and 16 days no big different isn't?
Good luck mate.

bluebay
Newly Registered

Post by bluebay » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi
I'd like to ask those who recently received their PR. could you please tell me when the fee for eea4 was taken?

Thank you

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:09 am

silontong wrote:

Unbelievable!!!

applied 21 OCT 2013
PR issued 07 DEC

Congratulation mate!, its's look like new record to get PR so far.
For Naturalization just wait until you complete 12 month with your PR, 1 month and 16 days no big different isn't?
Good luck mate.
Thanks my friend, Ill wait for 12 months to complete.

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:10 am

bluebay wrote:Hi
I'd like to ask those who recently received their PR. could you please tell me when the fee for eea4 was taken?

Thank you
it was taken after two days of submitting application.

bluebay
Newly Registered

Post by bluebay » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:49 am

thank you slough_boy

I guess I need to prepare myself for a long wait as I applied on 8th Nov and eea4 fee was taken only on 9th Dec :(

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:46 pm

bluebay wrote:thank you slough_boy

I guess I need to prepare myself for a long wait as I applied on 8th Nov and eea4 fee was taken only on 9th Dec :(
Good luck to u, but if u have made ur case easy for caseworker and explain all circumstances in covering letter + detail of documents provided in order. Im sure u will listen soon.

bluebay
Newly Registered

Post by bluebay » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:46 pm

slough_Boy wrote:
bluebay wrote:thank you slough_boy

Good luck to u, but if u have made ur case easy for caseworker and explain all circumstances in covering letter + detail of documents provided in order. Im sure u will listen soon.
Thank you

vpp1981
United Kingdom

Post by vpp1981 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Thank you for the forum members and the forum.

I have received my PR(EEA4) last week after 3 months(applied in Sep). I think the introduction of fees might have contributed to the improvement in processing . Actually my EEA2 took 8.5 months even after chasing with phone calls and mails in 2008/09

This forum has been very helpful for my EEA applications ..Thanks and Good Luck guys.

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Congratulation to you vpp1981, this is our Year of favour and goodnews, enjoy ur PR Love
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty