ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! tier 1 dependant (child)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yanggl
Newly Registered

Help! tier 1 dependant (child)

Post by yanggl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:19 pm

please help me with some idea about my situation. Very appreciated!

I am a tier 1 visa holder in UK. My wife and my daughter (about 4) are still living in our home country.
Today we received a rejection to my daughter's tier 1 dependant application as my wife did not apply together with her.And the refusal also mentioned he did not see any serious or compelling reason as an exclusive conditions base on rule 319h(f)(i)(ii)(iii).

Just want to know if I have any chance to appeal this decision on the following facts.
1. My wife's job means she travels a lot.
2. 3 years back they did join me in UK but my wife didn't find any job in about 1 year.
3. I have a stable job in UK which needs no travel. And i had arranged the nursery to cover my working hours.

If there is any other sort of reason that might help, please also let me know.

Our life is currently in a mess as our future plan is destroyed. So would be very appreciated if any kind of suggestion can be provided.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:12 pm

If you are suggesting that your daughter applied to join you in the UK but you wife did not then no way is that scenario possible.

yanggl
Newly Registered

Post by yanggl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:43 pm

Lucapooka wrote:If you are suggesting that your daughter applied to join you in the UK but you wife did not then no way is that scenario possible.
Although that's a bad news for me, thanks a lot for your help!

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:50 am

why can't your wife also apply for a visa? she doesn't have to be here all the time, she can travel whenever she wants, it's just that applying for a child without the second parent also being granted clearance is not possible under the rules, you should have known that. it is in every guidance.

yanggl
Newly Registered

Post by yanggl » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:02 am

sagareva wrote:why can't your wife also apply for a visa? she doesn't have to be here all the time, she can travel whenever she wants, it's just that applying for a child without the second parent also being granted clearance is not possible under the rules, you should have known that. it is in every guidance.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's the right thing to do, but too late. I saw this policy was in guidance of the form used for applying/extending dependent visa inside UK. In the form and website for people to apply dependent visa outside of UK, there is nothing......that's why when we initially checked these, we didn't notice this problem

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -students/

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

yanggl
Newly Registered

Re: Help! tier 1 dependant (child)

Post by yanggl » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:04 am

I am now looking for the option to re-apply my daughter and my wife's dependant visa together. Do we need to give an explanation to the previous mistake? Does anyone have a template for this kind of matter? Many thanks!