ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 month visa counted for pr

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

loverboy2
Newly Registered

6 month visa counted for pr

Post by loverboy2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Hello guys,
My question is that when you apply for eu fam and you get 6 month stamp,is that counted towards 5 year period time for pr and applying for naturalisation, so if its counted this means we can apply for pr after 4 and half years including the 6 month stamp, what u guys say,maybe a bit confusing.thaks

maxtor
Newly Registered

Post by maxtor » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:50 am

Yes counted

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:52 am

Is it possible during that 6 months temp stamp 4 to apply for another stamp in case the EU spouse is not working anymore? And the non EU spouse found work and want to apply for stamp based on his profession?

maxtor
Newly Registered

Post by maxtor » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:08 am

masterboy123 wrote:Is it possible during that 6 months temp stamp 4 to apply for another stamp in case the EU spouse is not working anymore? And the non EU spouse found work and want to apply for stamp based on his profession?
What another stamp you want to apply?
Can you be more specific.
What type of stamps do you think you can get?

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:27 am

Hi Maxtor,
I would like to apply for doctor's stamp. I am a registered doctor in Ireland. I read that stamp 1 is given for 2 years to doctors, but i am not sure if i can switch between temporary stamp 4 and stamp 1 based on my profession.
Any idea?

P.S. GNIB refused to give me doctor's stamp now because i entered Ireland on the basis of EU spouse visa.
maxtor wrote:
masterboy123 wrote:Is it possible during that 6 months temp stamp 4 to apply for another stamp in case the EU spouse is not working anymore? And the non EU spouse found work and want to apply for stamp based on his profession?

New App
Newly Registered

Post by New App » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:19 pm

masterboy123 wrote:Hi Maxtor,
I would like to apply for doctor's stamp. I am a registered doctor in Ireland. I read that stamp 1 is given for 2 years to doctors, but i am not sure if i can switch between temporary stamp 4 and stamp 1 based on my profession.
Any idea?

P.S. GNIB refused to give me doctor's stamp now because i entered Ireland on the basis of EU spouse visa.
maxtor wrote:
No you can't simply switch, if you want to change your permission to that as a worker (doctor) wrote to the EU treaty rights section and have them cancel your EU Treaty Rights and you can then apply to the GNIB for permission as a dotocr.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:38 am

It wasn't even possible :( According to immigration office I do not have any option but to apply for stamp4eufam or leave the country and apply for doctor's stamp from outside ireland....
maybe once I have the 5 years stamp4eufam, then i may change it to doctor's stamp but not on the 6 months temporary stamp4eufam
New App wrote:
masterboy123 wrote:Hi Maxtor,
Any idea?

maxtor wrote:
No you can't simply switch, if you want to change your permission to that as a worker (doctor) wrote to the EU treaty rights section and have them cancel your EU Treaty Rights and you can then apply to the GNIB for permission as a dotocr.