ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:18 pm

verbina wrote:OMFG Just got all my docs back from Home Office. Got a big issue now: they requested my daughter's birth certificate and passport from my social worker, which they sent. But on my daughter's birth cert there is a different name for a mother ( as I was at the time illegally I stupidly registered a bad quality name)
The thing is, Home Office know about me using a bad quality name back in the days, but I thought that social services changed the name on the birth cert by now , but turns out they didnt.....
As usual they gave me a 10 day deadline to provide a birth cert with my real name on it, which is not achievable obviously....
Dunno if I should write to them and offer a DNA test or just tell them I dont have any other birth certificate and they will have to make a decision as it is.
I mean they got our photos, court orders etc for evidence that should be enough....

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG u r very close hun..yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:31 pm

verbina wrote:OMFG Just got all my docs back from Home Office. Got a big issue now: they requested my daughter's birth certificate and passport from my social worker, which they sent. But on my daughter's birth cert there is a different name for a mother ( as I was at the time illegally I stupidly registered a bad quality name)
The thing is, Home Office know about me using a bad quality name back in the days, but I thought that social services changed the name on the birth cert by now , but turns out they didnt.....
As usual they gave me a 10 day deadline to provide a birth cert with my real name on it, which is not achievable obviously....
Dunno if I should write to them and offer a DNA test or just tell them I dont have any other birth certificate and they will have to make a decision as it is.
I mean they got our photos, court orders etc for evidence that should be enough....
Just send what you have explain what you don't have. Tell them you can offer DNA and other documents to them but not within time period they have requested. They know that, they know how the system work. That should suffice. Meanwhile get the evidence required just in case. You should be fine i reckon they want to hear from you and that you are still around. Good luck.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:35 pm

verbina wrote:
ale001 wrote:
I don't think you have to worry since DNA is a super proof higher than ordinary paper birth cert. Even some immigration officers do prefer the DNA.

I believe if you offer them DNA test would be the best, but it would be very nice if the DNA offer to them is through your solicitor as it is critical to do it on your own at this stage.

I believe the DNA is the 100% answer at this stage

They will grant your application for sure i believe..
Awwwh thank you love! Hope so....
Anyway, they sent my package using 2nd class mail.... So Im sure yours is on the way!
So your package spent how many days from the date they wrote the letter?
Ale001

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:17 pm

@Ale Im afraid it only took 2 days for my package to arrive.... Sorry :(

@dapsonlee and @rina I dunno I wish I was as positive as you guys are.....

@seneca thank you for your advice hun, Ill do just that. But I dont have any flipping ID to show them if I were to do this DNA test :((
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:31 pm

verbina wrote: @seneca thank you for your advice hun, Ill do just that. But I dont have any flipping ID to show them if I were to do this DNA test :((
Don't worry verbina, you, verbina you are the ID, as long you DNA match your daughter DNA that should suffice. No matter what name you use. If they need more evidence just come clean. Goodluck.
Last edited by Seneca on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:35 pm

verbina wrote:@Ale Im afraid it only took 2 days for my package to arrive.... Sorry :(

@seneca thank you for your advice hun, Ill do just that. But I dont have any flipping ID to show them if I were to do this DNA test :((

Verbzy what if you speak to your solicitor, fish for suggestion with regards to the ID solution I am sure there can be something you can sign for them to stamp and verify who you are I.e. A copy of your passport? And you can take this with the letter and your daughter to get the test done. Dunno maybe I am over thinking things

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:58 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:@Ale Im afraid it only took 2 days for my package to arrive.... Sorry :(

Verbzy what if you speak to your solicitor, fish for suggestion with regards to the ID solution I am sure there can be something you can sign for them to stamp and verify who you are I.e. A copy of your passport? And you can take this with the letter and your daughter to get the test done. Dunno maybe I am over thinking things
Oh yeah! Good call batman! I forgot I still have a solicitor loool :lol:

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:02 pm

Verbina, one thing i am sure of is you will be granted. As long as she's your daughter.

The UKBA final confirmation to approve your paper is just to confirm she's your daughter, ofwhich DNA is the strongest proof than ordinary birth cert.

So i strongly believe they would be even more happier to welcome DNA than the Birth cert.

All you need from now is smiling and dancing Azonto, but not in anyway near panic or feeling negative.

This request from UKBA simply means they have decided to approve your application but they just want to do final confirmation that she's your daughter, simple.

Pls pop champagne! :D

Many applicant was asked stronger proof than yours and they got their paper

I repeat, pls pop champagne

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ale001

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Congratulations in advance Verbina. Do a DNA test and send it over. Don't worry about the name. All the best
Godgives

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Extremely excited for you Verbz, you deserve this good news. DNA test is conclusive and they can't argue with that. You are almost there. All the best to you.

Do the HO not have DNA testing centres? I am sure the independent ones don't really care about ID as long as you pay the Wonga
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Thank you guys for your suggestions!

Just a thought.... If Social Services applied for my daughter's passport 4 years ago, they had to fill the forms in and give mother's name...

Now they had to have a birth certificate with the same mother's name methinks.....

They cant have been that stupid and put my fake name on her passport application form to go with a fake birth cert name...

Hahaaha its a circus! I mean HO must ve been happy with her docs if they issued her a British passport....

So there must be a correct name birth certificate somewhere in Social Services archives.... They are such idiots seriously!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Extremely excited for you Verbz, you deserve this good news. DNA test is conclusive and they can't argue with that. You are almost there. All the best to you.

Do the HO not have DNA testing centres? I am sure the independent ones don't really care about ID as long as you pay the Wonga
Yeah, I guess if its a HO approved testing centre then they might be used to poor ole' immigrant folk without ID ...

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:40 pm

verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Extremely excited for you Verbz, you deserve this good news. DNA test is conclusive and they can't argue with that. You are almost there. All the best to you.

Yeah, I guess if its a HO approved testing centre then they might be used to poor ole' immigrant folk without ID ...
Now am really confused, since your pack took 2 days to receive from the day on the letter. Mine is now 6 days today and still never receive it. Am really confused..
Ale001

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:42 pm

ale001 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Now am really confused, since your pack took 2 days to receive from the day on the letter. Mine is now 6 days today and still never receive it. Am really confused..
Yeah I can imagine.... But still though, @shondra said their pack took around 10 working days, so there s still time hun!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:04 pm

[quote="verbina"]OMFG Just got all my docs back from Home Office. Got a big issue now: they requested my daughter's birth certificate and passport from my social worker, which they sent. But on my daughter's birth cert there is a different name for a mother ( as I was at the time illegally I stupidly registered a bad quality name)
I mean they got our photos, court orders etc for evidence that should be enough....[/quote]

Deep breath Verbina!! Well, for a start,that's progress! That's waht we've been been waiting for. Gather all you have and send it off. As you said, the HO know about the other name, just remember to remind them. hang in there!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:07 pm

[quote="Believe2013"]Good morning All.

I think we can all take a leaf from Nelson Mandela's book. Do not give up and fight for what you believe in. May his soul RIP. Good luck in all your appeals and applications. History has a nasty habit of repeating itself and it's very evident in the apartheid stance being adopted by the Home Office and Conservatives.[/quote]

Well said Believe2013!! My deepest condolences to the nation of South Africa,Africa itself and all those oppressed people worldwide. True the world has lost a great son!!!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 pm

nilemarques wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Good morning All.

I think we can all take a leaf from Nelson Mandela's book. Do not give up and fight for what you believe in. May his soul RIP. Good luck in all your appeals and applications. History has a nasty habit of repeating itself and it's very evident in the apartheid stance being adopted by the Home Office and Conservatives.
Well said Believe2013!! My deepest condolences to the nation of South Africa,Africa itself and all those oppressed people worldwide. True the world has lost a great son!!!
My condolences to the people of South Africa. We have loss a Gem a true statesman with heart of forgiveness
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:55 pm

Am glad that after a long wait, you got a reply from the home office.
In my own opinion I don't think going through the route of DNA will be appropriate now, this should be the last result.
Am also aware that if you do DNA test and sent it to home office it will not be accepted unless you are specifically ask to do so.
I will like to suggest that you get the solicitor or the social worker to get in touch with the home office and explain the circumstance surrounding the name of your daughter birth certificate. While that goes on, you can now go to the register office to make the correction. Please note that this can't be done immediately because the process you have to go through is called re- registration of child birth details. You have to book an appointed with the register office where your child was born or the borough then fill a form called GRO 185. Application by mother/ father to re- register their child's birth....

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:00 am

Kukuwife wrote:

In my own opinion I don't think going through the route of DNA will be appropriate now, this should be the last result.
Am also aware that if you do DNA test and sent it to home office it will not be accepted unless you are specifically ask to do so.
I will like to suggest that you get the solicitor or the social worker to get in touch with the home office and explain the circumstance surrounding the name of your daughter birth certificate. While that goes on, you can now go to the register office to make the correction. Please note that this can't be done immediately because the process you have to go through is called re- registration of child birth details. You have to book an appointed with the register office where your child was born or the borough then fill a form called GRO 185. Application by mother/ father to re- register their child's birth....
Good morning all,
Kukuwife you seem to be well informed on the matter. I agree with the rationale but don't you think the written explanation behind the different maternal names should be accompanied by a certified DNA test to prove beyond reasonable doubt? Taking into account Verbz has been given a limited time to provide these docs and a DNA test is achievable within this time frame. Once all this is provided before the deadline perhaps Verbina can start facilitating the re-registration process! Very interested to know how Verbina's counsel handle this one. Have a pleasant weekend all!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:46 am

Believe2013 wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:
I mean they got our photos, court orders etc for evidence that should

Good morning all,
Kukuwife you seem to be well informed on the matter. I agree with the rationale but don't you think the written explanation behind the different maternal names should be accompanied by a certified DNA test to prove beyond reasonable doubt? Taking into account Verbz has been given a limited time to provide these docs and a DNA test is achievable within this time frame. Once all this is provided before the deadline perhaps Verbina can start facilitating the re-registration process! Very interested to know how Verbina's counsel handle this one. Have a pleasant weekend all!
Absolutely, I agree with you but they can still ask her to do the DNA test in HO appointed centre and it will be double expenses. But your suggestion is quite right and I agree.

TurboA
Newly Registered

Post by TurboA » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:38 pm

@Verbina I have followed your story and your attitude and contribution in this forum and I really hope it works for you. And all the other who give hope and valuable advice to other, thank you for sharing. May God bless you tenfold.

Hi everyone, I came across this forum about a month ago as i was preparing to send in my FLR(o) application. May I just say it was a relief to know I was not alone in this tough situation.
My story is very long, but in a nutshell, came here in 1999 and unfortunately my landing was a disaster. I was given temporary leave and my passport was retained. Been an overstayer since. Within the time I managed to work managed todo an LLB and currently stuck on my MBA. However in 2010 I was reported at work and had to leave the job. I then made FLR(o) on private life /compassionate grounds but had no partner or child. It was refused in 2 months in march 2010. I decided to wait for the 14 years rule which was withdrawn 1 year before I was eligible.
I met my settled partner July 2011 and we have cohabited since. We live with her daughter from a previous relationship who call me dad; and we have a 5 moths british daughter.
Made application on FLR(o) Ex1 but I am worried because I have not lived with my partner for 2 years and I have noticed refusals with similar facts.
This limbo has been looooong and I commit all to the Almighty.

My timeline
21/11/13. Posted app
25/11/13. Delivered to HO
26/1113. Payment taken
02/12/13. Acknowledgement letter
03/12/13. Biometrics letter
04/12/13. Biometric done

olapoint101

Post by olapoint101 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:45 pm

TurboA wrote:@Verbina I have followed your story and your attitude and contribution in this forum and I really hope it works for you. And all the other who give hope and valuable advice to other, thank you for sharing. May God bless you tenfold.

Hi everyone, I came across this forum about a month ago as i was preparing to send in my FLR(o) application. May I just say it was a relief to know I was not alone in this tough situation.
My story is very long, but in a nutshell, came here in 1999 and unfortunately my landing was a disaster. I was given temporary leave and my passport was retained. Been an overstayer since. Within the time I managed to work managed todo an LLB and currently stuck on my MBA. However in 2010 I was reported at work and had to leave the job. I then made FLR(o) on private life /compassionate grounds but had no partner or child. It was refused in 2 months in march 2010. I decided to wait for the 14 years rule which was withdrawn 1 year before I was eligible.
I met my settled partner July 2011 and we have cohabited since. We live with her daughter from a previous relationship who call me dad; and we have a 5 moths british daughter.
Made application on FLR(o) Ex1 but I am worried because I have not lived with my partner for 2 years and I have noticed refusals with similar facts.

My timeline
21/11/13. Posted app
26/1113. Payment taken
04/12/13. Biometric done

Welcome to here mate..my case is abit similar to yours and I was refused after a year because I did not proof 2years of living together with my partner and the caseworker did not ask for you any additional document but you have sent your application already..I would have said don't send it until you can proof the 2 years because you have overstayed and you don't have any valid visa..all I can say now is to start getting some documents down but you never know because all cases are not treated the same way..hope you understand what I mean not saying you will be refused.

TurboA
Newly Registered

Post by TurboA » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:36 pm

olapoint101 wrote:
TurboA wrote:@Verbina I have followed your story and your attitude and contribution in this forum and I really hope it works for you. And all the other who give hope and valuable advice to other, thank you for sharing. May God bless you tenfold.

My timeline
21/11/13. Posted app
26/1113. Payment taken
04/12/13. Biometric done

Welcome to here mate..my case is abit similar to yours and I was refused after a year because I did not proof 2years of living together with my partner and the caseworker did not ask for you any additional document but you have sent your application already..I would have said don't send it until you can proof the 2 years because you have overstayed and you don't have any valid visa..all I can say now is to start getting some documents down but you never know because all cases are not treated the same way..hope you understand what I mean not saying you will be refused.
thanks for your response. I do understand where you coming from and in fact your refuse as a big knock to my hopes. However I have not worked since 2011 which has been a strain, and didn't see myself waiting for another 7 months to apply and further time waiting only to get a refusal from HO on other grounds.
My life has really been curtailed and was thinking that maybe if I was refused i could return home and apply from there. Does anyone have any views regarding this? Thank you

naba

Re: Hello

Post by naba » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:38 pm

God's Authority wrote:Hello Everyone

Olapoint, am truly sorry about the news, please dont be dismayed,just press on for the best. I believe all will fall in place for you.

Am sorry to bother you all but was just wondering if anyone has an idea, am I supposed to recieve an acknowledgment letter from the tribunal that my appeal has been recieved or will it get sent to my lawyer instead? I noticed the payment left my account the third day, I faxed the documents,I called and was told it was recieved but other than that no written confirmation.

Also what do you think about expediting appeals? I am at a cross road, getting closer to my EDD so not sure if that can be accepted as a ''compassionate or compelling reason'' lol. I have heard people say it has to be a matter of life or death before they can expedite a appeal hearing request.

Lastly, anyone knows how long its currently taking to get hearing dates generally now? Any good pro bono lawyer perhaps in the south east London? I would really really appreciate your kind advice please.

Thanks so much.
God's Authority, Don't worry dear. I didn't get any ack letter but later got the letter with hearing date which is in mid 2014. For me it took about 3 weeks to get the letter and after a couple of weeks the money was taken out. God bless.

naba

Post by naba » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Dear verbina, this sounds very positive. Best of luck!