ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Idea to give individual cover letter for each section

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Achtung

Good Idea to give individual cover letter for each section

Post by Achtung » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering whether it is a good Idea to give individual cover letter for each section. In the cover letter I can describe how many points I have claimed and then provide the contact address for each case. For example Age Cover Letter may contain the Transport Authority details who has issued the Driving License. I will also provide a basic cover letter covering all the sections in brief. Please comment on this. I am on the verge of applying.

Rgds
Achtung

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:36 pm

No comments?

please comments...

HSMPreqJun07
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPreqJun07 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:12 pm

It's always good to add a cover letter for each section on the top of the overall cover letter.

here is a good thread with good samples :http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15879

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Good Idea to give individual cover letter for each secti

Post by pantaiema » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:06 pm

It is actually a good points becuase you will NOT be penalised by doing this.

But you need t make sure that the information you provide is short and precise. A bullet point I think will be a good idea. Put separation (register) with every points category you claim.

GOod luck

Pantaiema

Achtung wrote:Hi all,

I was wondering whether it is a good Idea to give individual cover letter for each section. In the cover letter I can describe how many points I have claimed and then provide the contact address for each case. For example Age Cover Letter may contain the Transport Authority details who has issued the Driving License. I will also provide a basic cover letter covering all the sections in brief. Please comment on this. I am on the verge of applying.

Rgds
Achtung

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:22 pm

yes........it clarifies yr claim i did the same....
adnan

slopsy
Newly Registered

Post by slopsy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:09 am

It's true you won't get penalised for adding additional letters, but remember, your application should be made as easy on the case worker as possible.

The less information you put it, the easier it will be to read.

I made a point of keeping the cover letter to my (successful) application to one A4 page, using clear headings and bullet points where possible.

Hope this helps

Steve

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:33 pm

slopsy wrote: It's true you won't get penalised for adding additional letters, but remember, your application should be made as easy on the case worker as possible.
Steve
I agree with this. BUt in some cases some people need to explain sometimes to guide them so he could easily understand your case
slopsy wrote: The less information you put it, the easier it will be to read.
Steve
Not necessarilyt true, because it depends on your case. Something like provide sign posts on the road, too many sign posts might create confusing, suitable and put them on the right place might help a lot to the people (e.g HSMP caseworkers) to arrive in the destination. You need to judge about this.

Pantaiema

I made a point of keeping the cover letter to my (successful) application to one A4 page, using clear headings and bullet points where possible.

Hope this helps

Steve[/quote]

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:23 pm

yeah, just dont over do it. I used post-it notes as well to point out specifics - they worked out really well.