ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubts about EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp0804

Doubts about EC

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:31 pm

Hi all,
I just want to confirm some points regarding EC.
I understand, to apply EC, guidelines are mentioned in the HSMP Guidance notes in “Stage 2: Apply for ECâ€
Last edited by hsmp0804 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:46 pm

Hi,
I got the answers to question 1) 2 and 3) in the following url

http://www.vfs-uk.co.in/index.aspx
http://ukvisas.integrascreen.com/DVPBHC ... acker.aspx

but my question 4 is still open.Can anybdy answer that?

and plzz tell me whats the total fee including integra screening?
Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Re: Doubts about EC

Post by push » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:32 pm

1) Which is the actually form to download in www.ukvisas.gov.uk? I understand from forum its VAF1 VISA application Form but where is it mentioned in the official guidance notes?

The forms available from ukvisas.gov.uk are for Further Leave to Remain (FLR) -these can be used if you are already in UK (in country applicant) & eligible to switch from current VISA category to HSMP. If you are applying from India then you will have to use the VAF-1 form.

2) Where is it mentioned that I have to show last 6 months payslips?
Just look at the section "WHAT SORT OF DOCUMENTS DO YOU NEED?
" on british high commision's web site (India) - http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk ... 5895047095 The same (infact for 12 months) would in any case be needed as the entire material that you provided in support of you HSMP application has to be sent while applying for EC (read the instructions in your HSMP approval letter)

3) Where is it mentioned that I have to show last 6 months bank statements?
same as above
4) I am maintaining two bank accounts (bank 1 and bank 2) and my salary gets credited to bank 1 but I have bigger chunk of money in bank 2. Do I need to show both the bank statements or bank 2 will do?

You may have to provide details of both the accounts - The first one should be covering the period for which you have claimed points in the HSMP application & have used the bank statements as one of the evidences; the second account will be used to demonstrate your financial strength to support yourself and the family in UK till the time you find a job in UK
5) Do I need to do integra screen verification? Is it mentioned in any of the office uk site? Do I need to apply for integra first and then submit my EC application?

Integra verification has become mandatory for all the work permit & HSMP VISA categories in India - refer the aforementioned website; Integra verification form is submitted at the time of submitting the VAF-1 form at the VFS

Where can I find the whole procedure to apply for EC? Is there any guidance notes for EC as its there for hsmp application?

Unfortunately there are no guidance notes on EC. But this discussion forum has a wealth of information and more than that people are more than willing to help others on specific queries & doubts

Hope this helps

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:34 pm

Total fee per applicant is 17000 (including that for Integra Verification process)
hsmp0804 wrote:Hi,
and plzz tell me whats the total fee including integra screening?
Thanks

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:44 pm

Hi push_hsmp,
really thanks for the reply.

Regarding

4) I am maintaining two bank accounts (bank 1 and bank 2) and my salary gets credited to bank 1 but I have bigger chunk of money in bank 2. Do I need to show both the bank statements or bank 2 will do?

You may have to provide details of both the accounts - The first one should be covering the period for which you have claimed points in the HSMP application & have used the bank statements as one of the evidences; the second account will be used to demonstrate your financial strength to support yourself and the family in UK till the time you find a job in UK

In my hsmp approval, as I showed my Original ITR and payslips with employer letter, I didnot submitted my bank statement where my salary gets credited.

So do I still need to show both the bank statements?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:49 pm

I dont see why you wouldn't provide both bank accounts as it makes your case stronger. Granted I have a couple of accounts with 2 banks and I didn't want to go overboard so I made one bank summarize the different accounts that I had instead of providing statements from all of it.
I also claimed that my statements are electronic which is true and it is quite an ordeal to get back statements but again had the second bank verify the last print out statement and asked the ho to feel free to contact the banks to verify the information provided.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:54 pm

Yeah I would also like to show both the banks but integra form has finance section to put one bank account details.So just had a doubt. Any comments?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:06 pm

Ask Integra to do both accounts

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:28 am

Integra does not verify the bank account details. You are looking at the wrong form (unless you are applying for a pre-screening by integra). The form that you need to fill up while applying for EC is just a 1 page form & does not have any column for Bank Account.

As far as the verification of Bank account by Integra is concerned, I got the following mail from VFS:

"Q3 Which Bank account entries would Intgra seek to verify – the ones that I supplied to Home Office in UK for HSMP (As I said I provided details prior to December 2006, there) or my present account balance showing that adequate money is available with me?"

VFS: Kindly note that for the Integra Screening process your bank statements are not required, however the same are suggested documents for your visa application.

Hope that clarifies.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:39 pm

Dear Friends,

One small clarification regarding the British Passport.

My friend who is an British Citizen is helping me with the Accomodation Letter for EC application. I have received all the documents including his British Passport.....but for my surprise he has sent only one page (which shows his photographs and details abt the passport). Is it not like Indian Passport with first page and last page giving details like Family / Father name, date of birth etc .

Whether this one page of the British Passport is enough or the visa officer will ask for some other pages too ?

I hope you got my doubt

Plz help
Mohan

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:14 pm

mohan76 wrote:Dear Friends,

My friend who is an British Citizen is helping me with the Accomodation Letter for EC application. I have received all the documents including his British Passport.....but for my surprise he has sent only one page (which shows his photographs and details abt the passport). Is it not like Indian Passport with first page and last page giving details like Family / Father name, date of birth etc .

Whether this one page of the British Passport is enough or the visa officer will ask for some other pages too ?

I hope you got my doubt

Plz help
Mohan
Can you please share the list of the documents that your friend has sent for accomodation letter. Thanks

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:34 pm

Hi,
ya the documents which i requested from my friend along with accomodation letter are British Passport, Telephone Bill, Bank Statement and Driving License. All this has residence proof only.

mohan

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi,
thanks push_hsmp.
So i think i'll provde bank statements from both the banks. :D
thanks

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:46 am

Thanks Mohan76, also I wanted to know if its ok if I submit photocopy of bank statemnet of my accomodation sponsor along with the other required docs, is copy of bank statement ok???

pcr
Newly Registered

Post by pcr » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:33 am

Photo copies are considered. I have submitted the same and got EC.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:45 am

Hi,
Ya the photocopies are very well considered.

Can some clarify my doubt abt the British passport, which i have asked above..........anybody submitted accomodation letter from a friend who has got British Passport ?

Thanks Mohan

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:33 pm

mohan76 wrote:Dear Friends,

I hope you got my doubt

Plz help
Mohan
My accomodation sponsor is British citizen and the copy that he sent is just one page too with his photo and details, I think Brit passport has a different format. Hope that answers your question

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:10 pm

Mohan,

It should be alright as British embassy people can pull out the records of any UK passport holder with their passport number.

I guess, you might have also got your friends bank statements, two utility billings showing his name and address and three payslips. If not you better get those as well.

all the best
Azlan
(for career assitance and billing services in UK contact Azlan.san@gmail.com)

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi,
I have just got the hsmp approval and now planning to apply for EC in 10 days time.

For accommodation, I am planning to ask my Indian friend who have been working in UK (in UK based company) for the last 2 year, to provide me a letter. Just now he also switched to hsmp visa.

My doubts are:

1. As he is also Non-UK person and staying in UK on hsmp visa, Is it fine to go ahead with the accommodation letter or to book a hotel? (though I am not comfortable to book the hotel)
2. Is it enough if he provides his Copy of Passport, Tenancy Agreement and Council Tax Bill? Or more documents are required?

Please clear my doubts. Thanks in advance.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:28 am

Hi Friend,
Congrats for ur hsmp approval.

answering to ur questions ;
1) It is very well OK , if you can get a letter from your Indian friend. Just make sure that his visa validity does not expire soon and also he is absolutely clean and legal where ever he is staying. OR again not to confuse, many people do the hotel booking for 20-25 days and they easily get the visa approval......no problems in that. You can select either of the option and proceed with confidence.

2) Don't miss his latest bank statements. That's a must to prove that he can take care of you and u both will be not using the public fund of UK. If possible to play very safe and confidently, get salary slips too and driving license if he has......that will boost ur file.

keep writing , if any more doubt
mohan

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:59 am

Hi Mohan,
Thanks for clearing my doubts.

I have some more doubts

1)I am showing about 5050 GBP (about 4,30,000INR) as my saving in bank, Do i need to find/show any sponsor in UK/India (though i dont have any) ? Is it required?

2) Now I am just collecting the docuements for EC but I am not very clear about the EC process.
i) So as I have the approvl letter, DO I first need to go to VFS office and get the integra form after showing my approval letter or I can download it from net?
ii) If I collect the integra form from VFS, can I fill it and submit my application after two-three days or they ask to submit the application on the same day?

iii) DO VFS people accept cover letter where I can explain my bank statements as I'll be submitting statements from two banks and about my previous companies?
iv) and Do i need to undergo any medical test?

Thanks in advance