ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get SOC code and letter for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GenX

How to get SOC code and letter for ILR

Post by GenX » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi All,

I am an employee working for software company . I will be eligible for IlR in June 2013. As per new rule we need employer to confirm that whenever I was away from UK even on annual leave ,my employer paid it. Also the employer should write the SOC code and salary details in the employer confirmation letter .

Can anyone in this forum please guide me how to get letter from HR, will the HR give it by simply asking him or what should I do? Please help and advise me......

Thanks
Last edited by GenX on Thu May 16, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: How to get SOC code and letter for ILR - TCS employee

Post by globalindian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Yes GenX. All these companies never support ILR process. So you have to push your HR to provide that letter. By the way were you trying to provide letter only for leaves or absences?
GenX wrote:Hi All,

I am an employee working for software company TCS. I will be eligible for IlR in June 2013. As per new rule we need employer to confirm that whenever I was away from UK even on annual leave ,my employer paid it. Also the employer should write the SOC code and salary details in the employer confirmation letter .

Can anyone in this forum please guide me how to get letter from HR, will the HR give it by simply asking him or what should I do? I have heard that TCS does not support employee getting ILR. Please help and advise me......

Thanks

GenX

Post by GenX » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 am

Hi GlobalIndian,

I was trying to get a letter from HR confirming that whenever i went on leave to India I was paid. This is as per new rule introduced in December. Do you also work for the same company? if yes can you please guide me how to get a letter. If you want send me a personal message with the details as I understand it is our company specific information.

Thanks
Last edited by GenX on Fri May 17, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tier2Employee
Newly Registered

any updates

Post by Tier2Employee » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi guys any updates on this I am in the same situation so if anyone has requested the letter then please help with the procedure.

tuanvo1982

Post by tuanvo1982 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm

if it is your annual leave that mean company will still pay you

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: How to get SOC code and letter for ILR - TCS employee

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:15 pm

GenX wrote:Hi All,

I am an employee working for software company TCS. I will be eligible for IlR in June 2013. As per new rule we need employer to confirm that whenever I was away from UK even on annual leave ,my employer paid it. Also the employer should write the SOC code and salary details in the employer confirmation letter .

Can anyone in this forum please guide me how to get letter from HR, will the HR give it by simply asking him or what should I do? I have heard that TCS does not support employee getting ILR. Please help and advise me......

Thanks
Formats of the Employer's Letter and Absence letter pl. look at Sticky's Template in ILR section of this forum. You HR Dept. will have to change the letter ,to be in line with the New SOC Code lists.,effective 06/04/2013.

salivi
Newly Registered

Post by salivi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi, I am also in the same situation, although I am eligible for ILR my previous employer has denied to give a letter to support ILR, HR has said that the company does not support ILR.
Can some one please suggest on what should I do now.
Will COS for previous years and payslips be sufficient to prove that I have worked in UK for my previous employer?

Thanks

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi Salivi,

Is your company refusing to give a statement for your SOC code only?

salivi wrote:Hi, I am also in the same situation, although I am eligible for ILR my previous employer has denied to give a letter to support ILR, HR has said that the company does not support ILR.
Can some one please suggest on what should I do now.
Will COS for previous years and payslips be sufficient to prove that I have worked in UK for my previous employer?

Thanks

salivi
Newly Registered

Post by salivi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:35 pm

My company has bluntly refused to give any document to support ILR, I don't think they will give me SOC code also.
My COS does has mentions Role Title though, will it be of any helpful ?

Thanks

salivi
Newly Registered

Post by salivi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi,
Just to explain my situation in detail, my current employer (Tier 2 General) is ready to give all supporting letters, its my previous employer (Tier 2 ICT) who has refused to give supporting letter.
Will a letter from my current employer be sufficient or do I have to get letter from previous employer as well.

Thanks

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:04 pm

The preference is for current employer. I think that should be fine.
Can you please let me know in your last 5 years duration how long were you with your previous employer?

You will definitely have all the salary slips, relieving letter, employer contract with your previous employer.

Do yo u have any absences during the period with your previous employer?

salivi
Newly Registered

Post by salivi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi,
I was with my previous employer for around 42 months, I do have all the payslips and relieving letter and my bank statements as proof.
I went on vacation outside UK for one month during my employment with previous employer.

Thanks.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:24 pm

My understanding is that it should be fine as long as you have all these documents. Since you have taken only one month break that's sounds fine.

As per my understanding you should be covered and should not require any any separate letter from previous employer. But make sure you have the letter from current employer.

salivi
Newly Registered

Post by salivi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Many thanks for your response.

notknown1
Newly Registered

Re: How to get SOC code and letter for ILR

Post by notknown1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Dear GenX ,

Please let me know if you managed to get a letter from HR for your ILR process.

Thanks.