ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens at an Appeal

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Laila007
Newly Registered

What happens at an Appeal

Post by Laila007 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:09 am

Hi

I have an appeal hearing at a First Tier Tribunal next week!

I am pretty nervous to say the least. If someone could tell me about their experience, or what to expect, what to do, what not to do,....will be really helpful!

Thanks a million!

T1E2013
Newly Registered

Re: What happens at an Appeal

Post by T1E2013 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:08 am

Laila007 wrote:Hi

I have an appeal hearing at a First Tier Tribunal next week!

I am pretty nervous to say the least. If someone could tell me about their experience, or what to expect, what to do, what not to do,....will be really helpful!

Thanks a million!
Hi There
Don't be panic its not difficult as we assume, first of all you will be called in hearing room you will sit just opposite to the judge, Home office rep would be on your right side and your rep on your left.
The Judge will introduce himself and he will also instruct you not to tell lie.
HO represent will also introduce himself.
you will be asked few questions by HO rep on relevant refusal topic he will not be allowed to ask you any question out of topic also he may ask you for your business activities.
than The judge might ask you few questions but most probably he/she never ask any question.
Now there will be your representatives turn to defend you and satisfy judge, Finally you will be asked by Judge we will write to you decision by post within 2 weeks time. please note 1 out of 10 case decisions are announced on the spot.
Please also note be prepare and make deep study of your application and refusals, speak loudly during hearing with confidence.

Laila007
Newly Registered

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Laila007 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:19 am

Thanks so much...that was helpful :)

I am representing myself which is why im freaking out! But will def be confident and ready (hopefully) I think I have a good case even though I have 4 reasons for refusal!!!OMG

Gabbs
Newly Registered

Re: Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Gabbs » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:23 am

Laila007 wrote:Thanks so much...that was helpful :)

I am representing myself which is why im freaking out! But will def be confident and ready (hopefully) I think I have a good case even though I have 4 reasons for refusal!!!OMG

Gabbs
Newly Registered

Post by Gabbs » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:30 am

Hi there,

I presented my case last week. Luckily, HO didn't turn up for the hearing. Judge asked us few question about our business, qualification who if funding our business. and also why don't we do the same business in Pakistan. I answered then very confidently as She was acknowledging me for what I was saying. I think confidence is very important for what you say in court. It give lot of weight to your words. As HO didn't appear for hearing we didn't have a long discussion. Judge confirmed us to send the determination in 2 weeks.

Aryaa
Newly Registered

Post by Aryaa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:56 am

I think it's probably a good thing that the HO didn't show up. Thanks for the advice - will sure try to be confident. Hope my HO doesn't show up too :)

All the best with ur decision...hope it is positive n hope it comes quick

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:50 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sabuj263
United Kingdom

Post by sabuj263 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:56 am

Many Regards

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Laila007,

would you mind sharing the points your refusal is based up on ?

Regards,

Aryaa
Newly Registered

Post by Aryaa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi

My points of refusal were:

1) letter from bank does not state regulated

2) not enough evidence to show trading
..... The issue here was contracts do not have enough information about services bejng offered

3) no separate legal rep letter submitted with 3rd party declaration

I can show that 1 and 2 were sufficient to meet the rules. I am planning to argue that if my documents were assessed properly ie. my adverts, my contracts and the bank letter than evidential flexibility would have been relevant and the verification of the third party letter could have been requested.