ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR visa/travel and baby son requirements

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

ILR visa/travel and baby son requirements

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:53 pm

My Wife is about to apply for her ILR and she has been here for 2 years. In this time we had a baby son who was born here in UK. We are planning to travel to Pakistan in a few months and have a couple of questions. There are many posts which have asked similar questions so am just asking for our specific case.

We assumed becuase he was born here, he is automatically british but I have read this is not the case.

Do we need to fill in a form for our son to register him as a british citizen?

Does our baby need a passport as he is only 10 months old?

Does our baby need a visa of some sort, an ID card to travel to Pakistan or be named on my Wife's passport in order to travel and return back to the UK?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:04 am

What was your immigration status when your baby was born?
Yes, baby needs own passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:45 pm

vinny wrote:What was your immigration status when your baby was born?
Yes, baby needs own passport.
I am british by birth and my wife is on a spouse visa.

Based on reading the links you posted and a link to here http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61/section/1, it says that as long as one parent is british then a baby is auotmtically a british citizen so does not need to register as a british citizen.

Is this correct as this seems quite confusing based on reading other posts?

In which case we can apply for a passport for our baby son anytime now? (no need to wait for wife's ILR?)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:56 pm

If you're British and your child was born in the UK then that child is British and entitled to a British passport now.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Ok, that sounds good. We need to sort out a visa for our baby to travel to Pakistan as well so need the passport first and this helps in applying for a passport now.

vinny

Re: Visa for uk born baby to Pakistan

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:49 pm

VisaAhmad10 wrote:Hi,

We are planning to go to Pakistan in about 4 weeks and we have an 11 month old baby who was born here in the UK last year and we have recently received his british passport.

We are confused about our baby's visa to go to Pakistan. My wife has a Pakistan passport and I have british passport. Here are some of our questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Where can we apply for the baby visa? I assumed it was at the pakistan embassy but is it now at a gerrys centre?

2 Can the baby be endorsed on one of our passports?

3 Should or can we apply for a NICOP card and if so, will we receive it before our trip? Does the mother need a NICOP card first. She has a Pakistan ID card from Pakistan , but I have a NICOP card issued here.

4 If we have to apply for a standard visa, the current fee is £140 based on what is metnioned on their site. This seems like quite a lot for a baby, is this accurate price?

5 Can we fasttrack the NICOP card to receive it quickly or not?

Any other advice would be very helpful.

Thanks
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:18 am

1. Visa Applications

Endorsement of Children on parent's passport wrote:This applies to the Manual Passport only. Endorsement of child is not allowed on Machine Readable Passports (MRP).
3. Yes. Unfortunately,
National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) wrote:Approximate processing time of a NICOP application is six (6) weeks.

4. £104 is the standard single entry fee. However baby, without NICOP, should qualify for British Pakistanis (Dual Nationals) fees.

5.Do ask about fast track.

Child may apply for a Pakistan Passport quicker.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Visa for uk born baby to Pakistan

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:29 pm

VisaAhmad10 wrote:

Where can we apply for the baby visa? I assumed it was at the pakistan embassy but is it now at a gerrys centre?
Well, to be honest whatever they says in their website it’s not all true, as my friend’s wife had required visa they applied through Gerry’s but got rejected, later they went to Pakistan consulate Glasgow and got it after having few minutes of interview.
VisaAhmad10 wrote: Should or can we apply for a NICOP card and if so, will we receive it before our trip? Does the mother need a NICOP card first? She has a Pakistan ID card from Pakistan , but I have a NICOP card issued here.

Can we fasttrack the NICOP card to receive it quickly or not?
I applied NICOP for my child by filling up manual form in Glasgow consulate. NICOP is the English version of PK National ID so yours wife doesn’t need it unless PK ID card is expired.

As for getting swift NICOP your can attend NADRA Mobile Registration Team’s visit and probably can get it faster. Nevertheless I applied manually in Glasgow and got it after month and half.

Another piece of information; you can apply baby manual passport in Glasgow consulate along with manual NICOP application.

You will get manual passport quite conveniently till evening appox 3.00 pm at the very same day of the application but you will receive NICOP after month and half at your door step.
N/A

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:33 pm

We are based in London so it may be slightly different here as in, either go to the embassy or gerrys centre. Will be a pain going to one and finding out we have to go to the other.

Also, does the baby definitely qualify as dual national through parents as standard?

One thing we haven't done is register the child at the pakistan embassy, does anyone know how long it will take and if we can apply for visa/nicop on the same day?

All these questions would have been easily answered by the contact number given on the embassy website however after about a week of trying, not a single person has picked up which makes all of this very confusing and frustrating.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:46 am

VisaAhmad10 wrote:We are based in London so it may be slightly different here as in, either go to the embassy or gerrys centre. Will be a pain going to one and finding out we have to go to the other.

Also, does the baby definitely qualify as dual national through parents as standard?

One thing we haven't done is register the child at the pakistan embassy, does anyone know how long it will take and if we can apply for visa/nicop on the same day?

All these questions would have been easily answered by the contact number given on the embassy website however after about a week of trying, not a single person has picked up which makes all of this very confusing and frustrating.
Well, if you based in London then I would say it’s easier as they are more rapid than their consulates.

If you are dual national so do you wife then why your child can’t have dual citizenship?

I been told at the Glasgow consulate if I want to apply NICOP for my child I have to apply his manual passport too which will be valid for a year and can be extendable till Oct 2015. Therefore I got his manual passport at same day, NICOP after month and half and then by having both things I applied his MR Passport down at London embassy as well and received it after precisely a month.

I know they are notoriously bad in their service and no one bother to pick up phone at all.

Good luck.
N/A

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:56 pm

You dont need to apply ur baby passport to apply for nicop just apply for nicop straigt away they have urgent service for bit extra money amd it takes about 2 week along with nicop ur baby British passport is enough to travel visa free to Pakistan

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:23 am

akhan25 wrote:You dont need to apply ur baby passport to apply for nicop just apply for nicop straigt away they have urgent service for bit extra money amd it takes about 2 week along with nicop ur baby British passport is enough to travel visa free to Pakistan
This is the best thing to do. If I am not wrong, Urgent NICOP fee is £64. It usualy arrives in 2 weeks.
Delivery time for normal NICOP is 4 weeks even thouh they say its 6 weeks.
http://www.phclondon.org/nadra/nadra_fee_n_timings.asp

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:42 pm

akhan25 wrote:You dont need to apply ur baby passport to apply for nicop
Well you can’t apply NICOP 5. Without valid Pakistani Passport with valid visa or valid Foreign Passport (Mandatory for all applicants). In Glasgow PK consulate you can get child passport (manual) in just one day which will be valid for a year only though.
N/A

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:53 am

I have recently done tht for my nephew nicop is suppose to be replacement for passport u cant travel with british and pakistani passport at same time either u apply visa for pakistan on British passport. U will need babys mother or father nicop or pakistani passport to show babys origin to pakistan.

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:58 am

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:46 am

As the travel is a few weeks away, we decided to get standard visa on passport, so with the mothers pakistani passport, the fee for under 18 was £59

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:51 pm

VisaAhmad10 wrote:As the travel is a few weeks away, we decided to get standard visa on passport, so with the mothers pakistani passport, the fee for under 18 was £59
Hi Ahmad,

Please can you let me know what was the process to get the under 18 visa for Pakistan.My son has got the British passport.Me and my wife bot have pak nationality.

please can you list the steps and docs require to get the visa and what type of visa is that.

How much will be the fee for us when both parents have Pakistani passports.

we want to apply for CRC for our son after arriving in Pakistan.
Thanks

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:56 am

The visa fee should be £59 as both parents are Pakistani and the child is british, the child would have dual nationality. We applied for family visa for our baby son. We had to go to gerrys service in stratford.

the documents were childs full birth certificate and our passports photocopies.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:47 am

VisaAhmad10 wrote:The visa fee should be £59 as both parents are Pakistani and the child is british, the child would have dual nationality. We applied for family visa for our baby son. We had to go to gerrys service in stratford.

Hi buddy,

We applied for NICOP.It has been two weeks now.I applied for the urgent service.I am unable to track the application via NADRA website.

I am entering the tracking number which was on the receipt given to me. But NADRA website is not showing any information.

Any idea why...

is there is any other way i can check the status of the application.

Please advise.

Tanks

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:50 am

VisaAhmad10 wrote:The visa fee should be £59 as both parents are Pakistani and the child is british, the child would have dual nationality. We applied for family visa for our baby son. We had to go to gerrys service in stratford.

Hi buddy,

We applied for NICOP.It has been two weeks now.I applied for the urgent service.I am unable to track the application via NADRA website.

I am entering the tracking number which was on the receipt given to me. But NADRA website is not showing any information.

Any idea why...

Please advise.

Tanks

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Babajee85 wrote: Hi buddy,

Any idea why...

Please advise.

Tanks
I had applied NICOP for myself and for my child back in April this year and it took 1.5 month to get it. Then I applied for my wife in Aug 2013 and got it in Nov, after almost 2.5 months.

I did track our applications by making a phone call to NADRA center Pakistan. The staff was extremely helpful and far better than UK staff.
N/A

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:17 am

Tier 4 wrote:
Babajee85 wrote: Hi buddy,

Any idea why...

Please advise.

Tanks
I had applied NICOP for myself and for my child back in April this year and it took 1.5 month to get it. Then I applied for my wife in Aug 2013 and got it in Nov, after almost 2.5 months.

I did track our applications by making a phone call to NADRA center Pakistan. The staff was extremely helpful and far better than UK staff.
But i am not able ot track the application via thier online tracking information.I am entering the tracking number which is on receipt. Please can you share with me the number for NADRA from UK.

Thanks

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:58 am

Babajee85 wrote: But i am not able ot track the application via thier online tracking information.I am entering the tracking number which is on receipt. Please can you share with me the number for NADRA from UK.

Thanks
For enquiries please call

NADRA Head Office, Islamabad*
+92 51 111 786 10
N/A

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Not sure about the NICOP procedure on tracking, was this a postal application or did you go to the embassy?

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:28 pm

VisaAhmad10 wrote:Not sure about the NICOP procedure on tracking, was this a postal application or did you go to the embassy?
You can only apply for manual application at Pakistan consulate Glasgow, and there exactly I went. Therefore if you live in Glasgow / Scotland it ll be handy. Though staff is not particullarly friendly.
N/A