ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family of General visitor Visa for my mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

is it me or the immigration laws are getting tougher and tougher than ever/

Poll ended at Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:14 pm

it's me
No votes
it's getting tougher indeed
No votes
it's always been tough but in different forms
No votes

Total votes: 0

ikalee31
Newly Registered

Family of General visitor Visa for my mother

Post by ikalee31 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi Guys and respected Gurus! Really would appreciate a bit of guidance for you as my situation is a bit of a twist.

1. I am a Russian Citizen

2. I've got a retained right of residence till 2017 (in the form of a family member of an eea national document/visa)

3. i live now with my partner (British Citizen) and we are due to have a baby at the end of March 2014

Question: I'd like to invite my mum for 3-4 weeks for when our baby is due. She will need to present a lot of paperwork in the consulate and so will i if i really want her to be here.

****Should i send an invitation letter just from me or should me and my partner both invite her?
****Will my retained right of residence status somehow affect the consulate's decision to grant/refuse visa?
****We live in a 1 bedroom flat but will be able to accommodate my mum in here- will this be sufficient or will i need to provide other proof of accommodation for her?
****I will be in the process of applying for Permanent Residence from next week and will hardly have any originals on me. Can i just send copies of bank st/bills etc?

Any advice will be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance. :shock: :shock: :shock: [/b]

ikalee31
Newly Registered

sorry i meant family OR general visitor visa for my mother

Post by ikalee31 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:33 am

sorry for typo