ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling Form MN1 under section 1(3)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alpha_t1
Newly Registered

Filling Form MN1 under section 1(3)

Post by alpha_t1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi All,

I'm filling the form for registration under 1(3) - I obtained my ILR and then my daughter was born. I and my spouse currently hold Indian passports.
My daughter is just 4 months old, does not hold any passport at present and has never travelled out of UK ever since she was born here.
Based on the above, what should be my answer to the question in form MN1 - 'Present nationality of the child'?

Many thanks for your advice.

Londonabc
Newly Registered

Post by Londonabc » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:43 pm

Hey

Present nationality of your child would be Indian as she is Indian by descent. I just got British citizenship for my 6 month old son under section 1(3). Both me and my husband are Indian passport holders.

Good luck with your application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Filling Form MN1 under section 1(3)

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:15 pm

alpha_t1 wrote:Hi All,

I'm filling the form for registration under 1(3) - I obtained my ILR and then my daughter was born. I and my spouse currently hold Indian passports.
My daughter is just 4 months old, does not hold any passport at present and has never travelled out of UK ever since she was born here.
Based on the above, what should be my answer to the question in form MN1 - 'Present nationality of the child'?

Was your daughter born before or after you obtained ILR??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:22 pm

CR001 wrote:

I'm filling the form for registration under 1(3) - I obtained my ILR and then my daughter was born...
Was your daughter born before or after you obtained ILR??
how much clear the OP can be?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:29 pm

@pqek, yes I did read the post but am simply asking for OP to clarify as the processes for children are obviously different. OP had an appt at PEO on 23 August, so it is not 4 months as yet.
Last edited by CR001 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:30 pm

If you daughter was born AFTER you obtained ILR, she is already British and there is no need to register her as BC. She can apply directly for a passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

alpha_t1
Newly Registered

Post by alpha_t1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:41 pm

I got my ILR after my daughter was born, thanks.

ronnie0414
Newly Registered

Post by ronnie0414 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi,

I hope someone can me or provide me some guidance. I got my ILR on 29/11/2013. I got two girls and both of them were born in the UK. My older daughter (3 years old) got ILR as my dependent on 29/11/2013 (We went overseas for a Holiday therefore I had to include her as my dependant). My wife is on depended visa and she will qualify for ILR in 3 years time. I have not included my younger daughter (1 and half years old) in my settlement application because I was under the impression that I could register her as British Citizen after my ILR. I have the following questions.

1. Can I register my girls as British Citizen using form MN1?
2. I am little bit confused about Section 1 (3) of British Nationality Act 1981. It states - section 1 (3) birth in the UK to parents who are now settled in the UK or have become British Citizens (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de_mn1.pdf). Does this mean that my wife has to get ILR before we can register our girls as British nationals?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Ronnie

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:14 pm

CR001 wrote:@pqek, yes I did read the post but am simply asking for OP to clarify as the processes for children are obviously different. OP had an appt at PEO on 23 August, so it is not 4 months as yet.
Apologies CR001, I understand now the reasons you were double checking; very difficult to help when OP does not advise facts accurately.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:28 pm

ronnie0414 wrote:Hi,

I hope someone can me or provide me some guidance. I got my ILR on 29/11/2013. I got two girls and both of them were born in the UK. My older daughter (3 years old) got ILR as my dependent on 29/11/2013 (We went overseas for a Holiday therefore I had to include her as my dependant). My wife is on depended visa and she will qualify for ILR in 3 years time. I have not included my younger daughter (1 and half years old) in my settlement application because I was under the impression that I could register her as British Citizen after my ILR. I have the following questions.

1. Can I register my girls as British Citizen using form MN1?
2. I am little bit confused about Section 1 (3) of British Nationality Act 1981. It states - section 1 (3) birth in the UK to parents who are now settled in the UK or have become British Citizens (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de_mn1.pdf). Does this mean that my wife has to get ILR before we can register our girls as British nationals?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Ronnie
1. Yes.
2. The text is not accurate. One parent is enough.

Check the FAQ.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

ronnie0414
Newly Registered

Post by ronnie0414 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Thanks.

alpha_t1
Newly Registered

Post by alpha_t1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:44 pm

@ Londonabc - thanks for answering my question...