ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-----Discrepancy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

COOL-DUDE1980
Newly Registered

ILR-----Discrepancy

Post by COOL-DUDE1980 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:28 pm

I'm after advice from all you members on the best course.

I'm due to apply for ILR in 4 weeks, however, the DOB& Place of Birth in my passport is incorrect compared to my Birth Certificate.

I previously applied as a dependent of my father in 2006, we mentioned the discrepancy back then, It's all in Home Office SARS file. But Home office gave me visa reflecting the details in my passport.

Now, when applying for ILR, do I mention the discrepancy again? I've spoken to couple of solicitors, one told me to mention it as I'm signing the declaration all the information is correct and true and that they are already aware of the discrepancy as it was declared in 2006.

Other told me to apply with the details on the passport.Don't mention the discrepancy.

I have tried to rectify the passport through the embassy, unfortunately they told me it cant be rectified here as the mistake has occured over two decades ago, It can only be rectified back in my Home country.

If I mention the discrepancy and include the birth certificate, will they still grant me ILR or am I heading for a refusal by complicating matters.

Any comments/advice greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

COOL-DUDE1980
Newly Registered

Post by COOL-DUDE1980 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Any advice guys???i appreciate it