ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

housing benefit , help pls

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

afridi24

housing benefit , help pls

Post by afridi24 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:08 am

I am non eea national and my wife is eea national.she live in uk from six years. We got married in augest 2013.my application is still in process as I didn't hear anything from HO...my wife is working 25 hours a week ...she applied for housing benefit(4th dec) , does it will effect my application or refused me because of HO??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:53 pm

She can only receive Housing Benefit as a single person.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:30 pm

Casa, if the OP is the spouse of an EEA national who is exercising treaty rights, the OP will have the right to reside and will not be subject to immigration control and thus a couple applicable amount could be paid. The application must be in joint names regardless as both incomes will be taken into account.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks for kind info ,
I am pakistani national.
We living as a couple . My wife and me decide to apply for HB but on my wife names as she work 25 hrs a week and I am joint partner in the application ..I am not working coz HO didnt allows work to me yet..I ask my lawyer to write a letter to Ho to allow me woek as its nearly four months now .my lawyer said it wikk not effect ur visa if she apply for HB..but I need more information and I don't want if they refuse my visa

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:42 am

You should be ok, your marriage certificate and your spouse's passport should be enough to show the council you have the right to reside, that should also allow you to work.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:43 am

thanks for kind reply ..

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:35 pm

i would like to ask one more question pls regarding my work, when i applied for eea2 with out marriage certificate,they didnt allow me to work,later a month after marriage we send marriage certificate along with pictures,now its been three months of my official marriage and they didnt send me any letter or send another COA conforming my write to work too or they didnt consider my application yet?? i ring this morning and ask about my marriage certificte but the guy on phone said there is nothng comes on screen,also he said its our choice if we allow u to work or not ...so i dont know what to do , even i have lawyer but useless as i submit my application throught that lawyer becasue of a friend reference,i ask my lawyer to write a letter to case worker if she consider my case or send me right COA,i dont bother about visa but only work as we are aspecting first baby in may2014 inshallah .

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:01 pm

It was a mistake to apply for eea2 without marriage certificate, when you knew you were going to marry shortly.

They give you COA when they receive your application. Until its the turn of your application to be considered, it just sits on a shelf. Making phone calls to UKBA is always a waste of time.

It appears that your application has been pending for 4-5 months. Hopefully you will get your residence card in a month or two.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Thanks for ur reply my friend.i knew that but I apply in augest and marriage was in september as my wife family was coming from abroad for this is why I send an application with islamic nikka ..he also said ur immigration history is poor and u came uk in 2010 while I came in 2008 ...I said I was not illegal so I didn't break any law ..but he said case worker have to see more careful. ..my case is so simple I send plenty of islamic marriag pictures along wid all family member s and special official marriage pictures where our family came from abroad ...but it still on pending ..my 6 months will complete on 10 January so then the lawyer gonna ask for updates or I will ring again as my laywer right a letter for permission of work ..

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:46 pm

I am sure you have desi pendu crook solicitor.

He is just scaring you to take more and more money out of your pocket.

I would say be very careful. The biggest danger many applicants face are

these stupid desi crook so called solicitors, who are actually not solicitors,

but only level 1 OISC advisors.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Yes u r right he is desi pendu solicitor. Last week one of my friendtold me that he got his permission through the solicitors as he wasnt allowed to work but he wrote a letter n I also asked my solicitor to write a letter but he ask if u can show me the letter of ur friend ..it make me angry but I ask my friend to send me ur letter through whatsup ...i thaught he z good coz of my friend said he z really good ..even I didnt know if I can apply by own other wise I wouldn't do it through solicitor..he ask me for 600 .I have genuine case wid no fear but I have poor history in home office but I never illegal ...I dont know how long then gonna take and let me wait for letter now ...if they find out me at work ..it will effect my case as I am not allowed to work currently

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:24 pm

There you go. Just by reading the post I can correctly guess the type of solicitor you are using, including his desi pendu background.

If your are married to a EEA citizen, and she is exercising treaty rights, then you have nothing to fear. Your past immigration history does not matter.

The application you submitted is very easy, and your case seems straightforward. You did not need a solicitor.

£ 600 is way over the top for this kind of application.

A guy I know filled up EEA2 application, and he only knows very basic english. He was totally illegal before this application. He got his residence card just after 6 months.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Thats true brother but abb kia hoa sakta he let this over now ..I been in uk from five years and my wife is working from three years 25 hrs a week ...the guy on phone from ukba was not helpful just ...... even if I refused I will go court with out solicitor..my wife is converted muslim and nothing to worried but I am annyoed becasue of not allowed to work not bothering about visa ..I know I will get Rc hopefully (inshallah). But for me work permission as my application is completed in september . Just someone cheat me by saying very good solicitor even top class solicitors rate is 450 pounds as I knew later on from other friends . But thanks for ur each reply brother.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:05 pm

You are welcome, and good luck.

Just one last thing. You do not have a paper to say you are allowed to work, but according to law, because you are married to an EEA citizen, you are actually legally allowed to work.

So, do not be scared to work. Just make sure you keep your marriage certificate handy. If there is an immigration raid or anything, you can produce your marriage certificate, and nothing will happen to you.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Thanks yea I have one extra marriage certificate. ..as soon I get any response I will post here because I dont know much about this website where to put exectly so you can see it but better to post here so you can see and comment ...now give a nice jabbi for ur time n info ..you are so kind and this website courage me alot otherwise I will have to cry for solicitor as he didn't give me any help or even satisfaction apart of this to wait ur decision...

stars

Post by stars » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:46 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:There you go. Just by reading the post I can correctly guess the type of solicitor you are using, including his desi pendu background.

If your are married to a EEA citizen, and she is exercising treaty rights, then you have nothing to fear. Your past immigration history does not matter.

The application you submitted is very easy, and your case seems straightforward. You did not need a solicitor.

£ 600 is way over the top for this kind of application.

A guy I know filled up EEA2 application, and he only knows very basic english. He was totally illegal before this application. He got his residence card just after 6 months.
bro where i can find this past immigration history does not matter pls can you provde any link i,m stuck here need help plssssss

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:28 am

stars wrote:
bro where i can find this past immigration history does not matter pls can you provde any link i,m stuck here need help plssssss
Best start a new thread about your specific circumstances.