ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA SURPRISE HOME VISIT..NOT A MYTH!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Askmeplease, get real, this is real life, forget about everything written in the book, majority of us have substantial knowledge about Directive 2004/38/EC, it is a fact, UKBA have in the past curtailed RC 3 years after issuance, when they've suspected marriage of convenience, they have refused PR when they suspect marriage of convenience, and they are well within the legal remit to do so if they can prove that marriage might indeed be sham.

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:57 pm

dalebutt wrote:Askmeplease, get real, this is real life, forget about everything written in the book, majority of us have substantial knowledge about Directive 2004/38/EC, it is a fact, UKBA have in the past curtailed RC 3 years after issuance, when they've suspected marriage of convenience, they have refused PR when they suspect marriage of convenience, and they are well within the legal remit to do so if they can prove that marriage might indeed be sham.
Absolutely, even the EEA 4 application form seconds this.

We reserve the right to decide your application of the basis of the information and documents provided. It is important, therefore, to provide
an explanation if you cannot give us all relevant information or documents when making your application.
Depending on the facts of each case and where appropriate, The Home Office may make an unannounced home visit. Equally, the Agency
may prosecute the appropriate party if evidence of deception is discovered related to this application.

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:08 am

Davmck70 wrote:Guys,
Don't get things twisted. The visit is there as a procedure to confirm genuineness of marriages but in reality is impracticable which is why they have curtailed its use.
@askmeplz82 It is more expensive (has to be carried out by at least 6 paid men+cost of mobility to location visited and any injuries/insurance against rebellious contact that may fight back if the marriage is not genuine and resisting detention) compared to interviews (carried out at the protection of UKBA environments, only 1 person to interview you both)
@marry I would say no as reason given above. It takes about 4 weeks to approve a home visit
@dalebutt Your friend did not satisfy them hence the request for more documentation. It is difficult to prove especially when they initially doubt the genuineness of the marriage. He must have a Right of Appeal which means he has to prove his case in front of a judge.
@CODEBLUE
I had read about one or two similar visits here, but not many people talk about them. So i never really thought they would visit me. Why were you refused after they visited you??
Discretion of the visit chief which might have been wrong as no evidence was taken into account... Most times they do not accommodate "the benefit of doubt" which is why there is a judicial process to prove beyond doubt when such situation arises.
I think i have become quite nervous to understand this above statement..
Anyway hoping for a positive outcome for my RC.

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:00 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
lake1 wrote:
Imshzd wrote:Once the RC issued then it means that HO is satisfied on the applicants relation with the EEA national.

Then there is no point to visit applicants home before PR.
I didnt say before applying for PR, I said when the person comes to apply for PR they can do a home visit.

There are cases when RC is revoked even before the person comes to apply for PR.
how is that possible. Do you think every EEA/NON EEA living together for 5 years after marriage ? If someone is separated after 1/2 years lets say. there is no requirement under EEA law for the couple to live together even if they are still married for 5 years after marriage

If someone married today and don't live together then yes may be but if they separate after 6 months it can't be called a Sham marriage or marriage of convenience
Am not saying anything about people living together, there is nothing in the EU regulations that says couples should live together and a marriage can be perfectly legal even if the couple dont live together.

What am saying is the fact someone already has an RC doesnt mean it cant be revoked and that when they come to apply for PR the HO cant do a home visit. Home visit can be done with both application for RC and PR.

nemerkh

Post by nemerkh » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:42 pm

Well i encourage such practice. I have been struggling to get my pr thru eea route and all i get is not enough evidence and so on and so forth. I have reapplied thru eea1/2 again with my wife (7 yrs marriage) and 2 kids, i.e doesnt get more genuine than that. I would rather them come and visit have a chat, and issue the RC rather than putting illiterate caseworkers to work on our apps whilst issuing the Rc depends on the caseworkers mood.

CODEBLUE

Re: UKBA SURPRISE HOME VISIT..NOT A MYTH!

Post by CODEBLUE » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:23 pm

CODEBLUE wrote:I applied for my EEA2 in May this year and i got my CoA with right to work. Today, the 19th of November 2013, before 7 am, the UKBA guys showed up at my house. I counted about 3 guys, but i think there were 2 more outside. I am a non EEA national, my husband is an EEA national. They said they just wanted to make sure that i lived there and our relationship was genuine (after about 4 years together, it doesn't get real-er than that!) They only looked in the bedroom and said they were satisfied that we were genuine. They didn't ask any questions, but the lead guy explained why they do this, that they visit about 10 a day, and most times none of them are genuine. He said he was going to write his report and i should hear from them in a few weeks. It took about 2-3 minutes. So here's hoping for good news. Next week marks 6 months post application, so fingers crossed!
I haven't heard from the UKBA since the visit. I am a little afraid, this being a holiday month, that i may receive a refusal(heaven forbid) at a time when all lawyers are away. The crap these people put genuine applications through...smh

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:01 pm

You have to hold on.......it's very busy just now and i hope things turn out well for you

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:53 pm

Davmck70 wrote:You have to hold on.......it's very busy just now and i hope things turn out well for you
Thank you. I don't have a choice..:) i just have to wait. Here's hoping all goes well.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:38 pm

You should write to them to point out that they have a maximum of 6 months to issue the RC.

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:15 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:You should write to them to point out that they have a maximum of 6 months to issue the RC.
I called Thursday morning and they informed me that my application was still with the case worker.When i mentioned about the 6 month timeframe, they said that they aim to process all applications within that time but it may take longer. We have written to them twice with no reply. I asked an immigration solicitor about this, and she said that the 6 months is for EEA nationals, while for non EEA nationals like myself it may take up to 8 months. And i was like w-wh-wha-whaat??????????? bleep this!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:43 pm

CODEBLUE wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:You should write to them to point out that they have a maximum of 6 months to issue the RC.
I called Thursday morning and they informed me that my application was still with the case worker.When i mentioned about the 6 month timeframe, they said that they aim to process all applications within that time but it may take longer. We have written to them twice with no reply. I asked an immigration solicitor about this, and she said that the 6 months is for EEA nationals, while for non EEA nationals like myself it may take up to 8 months. And i was like w-wh-wha-whaat??????????? bleep this!!
I hope the solicitor didn't charge you for this advise.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Put another way, you should suggest to your solicitor that maybe they should read the law before providing incorrect information.

It is 6 moths MAXIMUM for the Residence Card application. Always has been!

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Jambo wrote:
CODEBLUE wrote:
I hope the solicitor didn't charge you for this advise.
And this was from what we thought was a prestigious firm. It was just an enquiry, no charge.

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Put another way, you should suggest to your solicitor that maybe they should read the law before providing incorrect information.

It is 6 moths MAXIMUM for the Residence Card application. Always has been!
I know!! i never heard of this! i researched and googled and i don't know what all, yet i could not find anything to this effect. We are not using their services, it was just an enquiry.

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:21 pm

lake1 wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:
lake1 wrote:
Imshzd wrote:Once the RC issued then it means that HO is satisfied on the applicants relation with the EEA national.

Then there is no point to visit applicants home before PR.
I didnt say before applying for PR, I said when the person comes to apply for PR they can do a home visit.

There are cases when RC is revoked even before the person comes to apply for PR.
how is that possible. Do you think every EEA/NON EEA living together for 5 years after marriage ? If someone is separated after 1/2 years lets say. there is no requirement under EEA law for the couple to live together even if they are still married for 5 years after marriage

If someone married today and don't live together then yes may be but if they separate after 6 months it can't be called a Sham marriage or marriage of convenience
Am not saying anything about people living together, there is nothing in the EU regulations that says couples should live together and a marriage can be perfectly legal even if the couple dont live together.

What am saying is the fact someone already has an RC doesnt mean it cant be revoked and that when they come to apply for PR the HO cant do a home visit. Home visit can be done with both application for RC and PR.
Just to buttress my point, read the below from the HO, its a case and what am pointing you too is ( Dorothy had entered into a sham marriage with the Dutch man in 2004. He flew back to Holland on the day of the 'wedding' and she was initially granted leave to remain on the basis of the 'marriage'. However, this was revoked in 2005 when it was established that the relationship was not genuine ) in this case a RC was revoked after it was issued, that shows having a RC doesnt mean it cant be revoked if new evidence comes to light or a home visit cant be done for subsequent application like PR.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 7-east-ldn

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Are there any May/June 2013 EEA2 applicants still waiting for their RC's?

musa92100
Newly Registered

Post by musa92100 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:14 am

ya i am still waiting for my rc, as i applied in may 16 2013 got my coa 18 may 2013 since then nothing has been heard.

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:23 am

musa92100 wrote:ya i am still waiting for my rc, as i applied in may 16 2013 got my coa 18 may 2013 since then nothing has been heard.
Hi Musa,

Ehh relief. Am not alone. Quite a number of people wrote they had received their RC's after applying waaaay after May and i was like..what the heck?!
Some Christmas this is panning out to be... :( Anyway, am still hopeful. The struggle continues!

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:25 am

CODEBLUE wrote:
musa92100 wrote:ya i am still waiting for my rc, as i applied in may 16 2013 got my coa 18 may 2013 since then nothing has been heard.
Hi Musa,

Ehh relief. Am not alone. Quite a number of people wrote they had received their RC's after applying waaaay after May and i was like..what the heck?!
Some Christmas this is panning out to be... :( Anyway, am still hopeful. The struggle continues!
P.P.P.S Am happy for all those who have got their RC's. Congratulations to you all :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:44 pm

If it has been more than 5 months since you applied, you should start calling formal attention to the 6 month deadline. If it is more than 6 months, then formally complain and start making a fuss.

CODEBLUE

Re: UKBA SURPRISE HOME VISIT..NOT A MYTH!

Post by CODEBLUE » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm

CODEBLUE wrote:I applied for my EEA2 in May this year and i got my CoA with right to work. Today, the 19th of November 2013, before 7 am, the UKBA guys showed up at my house. I counted about 3 guys, but i think there were 2 more outside. I am a non EEA national, my husband is an EEA national. They said they just wanted to make sure that i lived there and our relationship was genuine (after about 4 years together, it doesn't get real-er than that!) They only looked in the bedroom and said they were satisfied that we were genuine. They didn't ask any questions, but the lead guy explained why they do this, that they visit about 10 a day, and most times none of them are genuine. He said he was going to write his report and i should hear from them in a few weeks. It took about 2-3 minutes. So here's hoping for good news. Next week marks 6 months post application, so fingers crossed!

...i got it people. I got my freakin' RC. #DoesTheMoonWalk

Been through hell and high water for this. I was just upset at the thought of dragging this hellish madness into this new year,So i emailed Ms Clarke on the 18.12.2013 and i have to say every word in that email oozed kindness. I kept it relatively short, as my aim was to get some attention...any attention. And i did. I got a reply that someone would be contacting me. A lady who identified herself as the Deputy Chief Case Worker contacted me and reassured me that my application was still under consideration and they would contact me once they had reached a decision. We had updated our info, as my husband had changed companies. I informed her that i had not received any form of acknowledgement regarding this update and i was afraid they would call the previous company, end result being a refusal. she assured me that she would have someone send me a letter regarding that update.
I also asked how much longer i would be waiting and she told me that she expected them to reach a decision within 8 weeks.
I thought ehh..what the hell..i have waited much longer than this. What's another 8 weeks...
Fast forward 30.12.2013, I was contacted again by this lady and she informed me that a decision had been made, and i would hear from them in 10 days. :shock: Fast Forward 02.01.2014, i received my package, signed sealed delivered! And just in time for the New Year too. The relief. Finally am free. Time to get my life!

A heartfelt thank you to all members, this forum is godsent. I cannot tell you how much it helped me. #ForeverGrateful
To all those still waiting, or have just lodged their apps, stay strong and don't give up.

Good Luck y'all.

TIMELINE EEA2 APPLICATION.

FIRST APPLICATION

APPLICATION SENT : 04.01.2012
APPLICATION RECEIVED BY HO : 05.01.2012
BIOMETRICS LETTER DATED : 27.09.2012 (???)
REFUSAL LETTER DATED : 30.10.2012 (With Right of Appeal/Decision to Remove)
REFUSAL LETTER RECEIVED : 30.11.2012
(REASON: We did not qualify for settlement/our marriage should continue from my country of
origin???? This was when UKBA was buried neck deep in crap.)
Appealed : 19.12.2012
Hearing (on paper) : 18.02.2013
JUDGE SHOCKED BY THE REASONS FOR REFUSAL.HOME OFFICE didn't show up.
DETERMINATION PROMULGATED : 05.03.2013
DETERMINATION RECEIVED : 08.03.2013
(DECISION: HO instructed to re assess my application and issue RC)

I was contacted by Home Office and requested to send a fresh application form in May as they had retained all my documents.

SECOND APPLICATION

APPLICATION RECEIVED BY HO : 23.05.2013
1st C.o.A DATED : 28.05.2013 (Unconfirmed Rights)
Emailed EREC : 14.06.2013 (Requested Confirmation of Rights)
EREC emailed me back : 17.06.2013 (Apologized, stating they hadn't seen my marriage certificate)
I emailed back : 17.06.2013 ( Confirmed they had all my documents)
2nd C.o.A DATED : 18.06.2013 ( Confirmed Rights)
Unannounced Home Visit : 19.11.2013 ( They found us home together)
Called HO to check progress : 05.12.2013 ( Informed that the application was with a case worker)
Emailed Ms Clarke : 18.12.2013 ( Asked for help with my application)
Contacted Back by HO : 18.12.2013 (Informed my application was still being considered, to be finalized in 8 weeks)
Contacted again by HO : 30.12.2013 ( informed decision has been reached,should receive package in 10 days)
Received package from HO : 02.01.2014 ( All documents returned, RC stamped on Passport)
RC issued @ Liverpool : 18.12.2013 (the trickerisation!!!)

NOTE: DATE of 2nd - CoA 18th June 2013 RC issued - 18th December 2013. = 6 MONTHS
Is it possible this is how they count down the ''6 months''?
Last edited by CODEBLUE on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Re: Got that freakin' RC!!

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Good news!

Why did they ask you to submit a new application after the judge had ruled on the appeal?

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:05 pm

Congrat CODEBLUE, i am so happy for you, pls can you help me with M Clark email address, i will so much appreciate it pls, Thanks
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Good news!

Why did they ask you to submit a new application after the judge had ruled on the appeal?
I have no idea. But i didn't want any more drama so i sent them a filled application form and a cover letter. It seems at the height of the UKBA madness in 2012,applications were being vetted by the blind rats running around the thousands of boxes piled up in dark dirty corners. The judge indicated on my determination that nothing made sense with my refusal. I guessed it was because of the split, that maybe a new team got my case and saw all the nonsense the previous team had scribbled all over my paperwork..

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:19 pm

Favour100 wrote:Congrat CODEBLUE, i am so happy for you, pls can you help me with M Clark email address, i will so much appreciate it pls, Thanks

Thank you.
Marje.Clarke@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk