ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI or Entry visa to India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

OCI or Entry visa to India

Post by jacsll55 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi,
Travelling to India 20th Jan 2014 - I am not sure if I can get OCI approved by then (family of 4)
Should I get an entry visa for the travel and then apply for OCI on returning back to UK or apply for OCI straight away.

I planned things well ahead but had to wait for 4 weeks for the citizenship ceremony as my council does it only once a month and then passport application took 4 weeks! Have surrendered Indian passport and the certificate (A4 paper with a stamp!! call this a certificate?) just landed back today.

Any input much appreciated.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:55 pm

apply for OCI in person at London as soon as possible (if you can). you might still be lucky to get it before your travel.

visa takes 2-4 days - so in case there is no progress until 12/14th Jan, then you can apply for visa.

psridh
Newly Registered

Post by psridh » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:44 pm

ban.s wrote:apply for OCI in person at London as soon as possible (if you can). you might still be lucky to get it before your travel.

visa takes 2-4 days - so in case there is no progress until 12/14th Jan, then you can apply for visa.
Dear ban.s
I'm in a similar situation but probably worse off than jacsll55, I originally planned my visit to India for August next year, but due to some change in circumstances I've had to change it to 31st of Jan. Problem is I haven't yet surrendered my Indian passport, which I will be doing tomorrow morning. So technically if I get my surrender certificate, say on the 20th of Dec. What are my changes of obtaining OCI before 31st of Jan. I know chances are very low, but if I apply for a tourist visa, how long would that take ?

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:16 pm

as mentioned above tourist visa will take probably between 2-4 days.
give VFS a call and they'd be able to advice processing time based on current estimates.

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:02 pm

psridh wrote:
ban.s wrote:apply for OCI in person at London as soon as possible (if you can). you might still be lucky to get it before your travel.

Dear ban.s
I'm in a similar situation but probably worse off than jacsll55, I originally planned my visit to India for August next year, but due to some change in circumstances I've had to change it to 31st of Jan. Problem is I haven't yet surrendered my Indian passport, which I will be doing tomorrow morning. So technically if I get my surrender certificate, say on the 20th of Dec. What are my changes of obtaining OCI before 31st of Jan. I know chances are very low, but if I apply for a tourist visa, how long would that take ?

Thanks for your feedback in advance.
Apply for Entry visa - it is same as tourist visa 6months multiple entry and also costs lesser than tourist visa.