ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Indian visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Londonabc
Newly Registered

Advice on Indian visa

Post by Londonabc » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Hello

I have applied for british passport for my six month old son. Me and my husband are Indian passport holders. We need to apply visa for India for him. Was just wondering which visa should we apply for - Tourist or Entry? Is it possible to get entry visa for him as we have not registered his birth with Indian HC?

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Advice on Indian visa

Post by samkma » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:33 am

Londonabc wrote:Hello

I have applied for british passport for my six month old son. Me and my husband are Indian passport holders. We need to apply visa for India for him. Was just wondering which visa should we apply for - Tourist or Entry? Is it possible to get entry visa for him as we have not registered his birth with Indian HC?
Entry visa is the best option.

You can register birth within the first year - See http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=99277
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

Londonabc
Newly Registered

Post by Londonabc » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks for the advice!

I checked on IHC website though and it clearly specifies the need of a declaration that child does not hold passport of any country while registering the birth of baby as Indian citizen. I have already applied for British passport for my baby.

We are Indian citizens and therefore child is Indian by descent. I hope that criteria makes him eligible for entry visa!