ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits Inquiry

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

appealer
Newly Registered

Benefits Inquiry

Post by appealer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:52 am

Hi

Just need your opinion.
me ,my daughter on ilr and i have son born in uk i am going to register him on mn1 cuz he born before my ilr approved but after set (o) based on tier 1 submission and my wife on flr(m).wife came on tier 1 dependent 2 years back and she is house wife.
what benefits can i apply ,
your opinion will be much appreciated
thanks
faz

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:51 am

You should claim child benefit in your name and tax credits joint names.

Your wife didn't need to switch to flr(m) if you used SET(O). However, if your wife's been a pbs dep and flr(m) for 2 years she should be eligible for SET(M) settlement/ILR now, by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(I)(d). I assume your child was born in the UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

appealer
Newly Registered

info

Post by appealer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi
Amber thanks for your reply,
is tax credits refers to working tax credits and child tax credits?
yes my SON born in uk.
and my daughter 3YR old born in india as she's on ilr so can i register both on MN1.

THANKS

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Tax credits means both. A child born abroad may register as British under section 3(1) when you have naturalised and your spouse has ILR and the child has ILR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.