ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applicant's phone no, business address and other questions

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alanna
Newly Registered

Applicant's phone no, business address and other questions

Post by Alanna » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:03 am

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for all the posts. I just joined some few minutes ago but I have been viewing for a long time. I would be grateful if someone would find the time to respond to me.

My questions are:
1. Is it compulsory (or better) I use a landline for my application (for adverts flyers, business cards, websites etc) or can I use a mobile number? I don't have a landline now but I'm willing to get one if it will make a difference. Anybody got refusal due to that?

2. My business address is currently my home address. However, I'm going to be signing an office lease this week. Do I need to change my office address to the new address before I apply in 3 weeks time or can I just attach the lease agreement to the application with a letter stating I only just got it and in the process of furnishing and securing the place. Changing the address would mean changing almost all the documents but I'm willing to do this if it would count.

3. Do I need to have a director's claim agreement if I'm loaning my business 1k pounds to pay my office rent although the money in my personal account is 60k and I do not need to claim the 1k back?

4. My contract starts 3 weeks after my intended application date and the client will pay me a daily rate. Does it matter?

5. Would anyone be kind enough to assist me with the cheapest place to get a business insurance package from?

6. Would it be possible for someone to assist with average cost of national newspaper adverts? The cheaper the better! The cost Birmingham mail told me sent me running faster than Usain Bolt.

7. I would be very grateful if someone would assist me with a good business plan. I already have one but it would be nice to have an idea of what a successful applicant did. I'm an occupational health and safety consultant but won't mind a business management or IT business plan (from what I have read, those are popular here).

8. Thanks in advance for your time and responses, I appreciate. Please feel free to answer one, few or all questions.

Regards,
Alanna.

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Dear Allanna

looking at the number of questions and queries I suggest you find yourself a consultant. in your case expanding an existing business or establishing a new business requires a series of documents(every document links to another) in line with immigration rules, you may have your questions answered here but can not confer you a satisfaction that a professional would provide, in terms of establishing a relevance in order to meet immigration rules.
you mentioned you already running a business but you do not mind getting into another for visa may create problems(there have been few posts here with the same topics). finding a level 4 position, your ability to do a level 4 job, leasing a premises, buying insurance, having registration with relevant bodies or regulators is a comprehensive peace of work and depends on the nature of business that you do which as you said you have not decided which one you go for.

hope above helps,
thanks,

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Applicant's phone no, business address and other questio

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:23 pm

@ Alanna,

First of all, thanks for all the posts. I just joined some few minutes ago but I have been viewing for a long time. I would be grateful if someone would find the time to respond to me.

My questions are:
1. Is it compulsory (or better) I use a landline for my application (for adverts flyers, business cards, websites etc) or can I use a mobile number? I don't have a landline now but I'm willing to get one if it will make a difference. Anybody got refusal due to that?

Landline no for your business is a very good idea but not compulsory, its your choice if you want to use it or not, but Home Office don't refuse application if you don't have landline no.

2. My business address is currently my home address. However, I'm going to be signing an office lease this week. Do I need to change my office address to the new address before I apply in 3 weeks time or can I just attach the lease agreement to the application with a letter stating I only just got it and in the process of furnishing and securing the place. Changing the address would mean changing almost all the documents but I'm willing to do this if it would count.

I don't think its necessary to change your address at this last moment as you might find it difficult to meet your target time of application if there is any delay along the line. I think you should send a covering letter that your lease agreement is just signed and will take time to change all your business details to the new address.

3. Do I need to have a director's claim agreement if I'm loaning my business 1k pounds to pay my office rent although the money in my personal account is 60k and I do not need to claim the 1k back?

If you have a business bank account, it will be advisable to pay your office rent through it as such expenses can be added to your invested funds when you prepare your business account later (you can also claim it if its paid through your personal account by keeping the receipt/invoice). Since you also have your 60k funds in your personal account, you don't necessarily need to submit any director's loan agreement with your application as you are claiming ''available funds'' and not ''invested funds''.

4. My contract starts 3 weeks after my intended application date and the client will pay me a daily rate. Does it matter?

Your contract start date doesn't matter, what matter most is for you to submit a good contract agreement with all the necessary information on it. Getting paid daily, weekly, monthly or whatsoever doesn't matter also as long as your business is genuine and getting paid as normal business should.

5. Would anyone be kind enough to assist me with the cheapest place to get a business insurance package from?

The best place to get this information is on comparison website where you can compare various quotations and decide which is best for your business. Most consultants pay between £30 - £50 monthly premium on average.

6. Would it be possible for someone to assist with average cost of national newspaper adverts? The cheaper the better! The cost Birmingham mail told me sent me running faster than Usain Bolt.

You don't necessarily have to use a newspaper if you find it expensive, you can use gumtree, yell.com (free), hibu.co.uk (free) and other online advert you might find appealing.

7. I would be very grateful if someone would assist me with a good business plan. I already have one but it would be nice to have an idea of what a successful applicant did. I'm an occupational health and safety consultant but won't mind a business management or IT business plan (from what I have read, those are popular here).

Here are sample of business plans, amend them to your specific requirement.

http://www.bplans.co.uk/sample_business_plans.cfm

http://www.smarta.com/tools/business-plans/

8. Thanks in advance for your time and responses, I appreciate. Please feel free to answer one, few or all questions.

Regards,
Alanna.[/quote]
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Alanna
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by Alanna » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Princess of Ammi, thanks for your response. I appreciate! @ Olasunkanmi, I can't even begin to express my gratitude to you for taking out time to answer all my questions. I understand better now. I pray people will be there for you at your points of need. Ose!!