ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investing funds

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maverick_76

Re: investment

Post by maverick_76 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:41 am

cappachino wrote:
maverick_76 wrote:
cappachino wrote:What if the money u showed at the time of appliction - a portion of that money is sent back to your home country to be returned latter at the time of investment n the complete amount is returned back into the busniess account and then invested within 3 years would this caue any issues at the time of extension
The money doesn't belong to you at this stage, it will be owned by your business. How would you plan to take it off from business? Do you intend to invoice the money from your home country? If yes, then you are liable to pay tax on that money in your home country.
The money is in my personal account a small portion as per requirement has been transfered into the business account
The remaining is being transfered to my account back home n will be transfered back when required
Obviously the complete amount will be transfered n invested in the businesd before the 3 years r up
As long as you invest 200k, either in one go or over a period it does not matter. HO would not be bothered if you transfer back and forth money from your personal account. So yes you can do that.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:37 am

Accountants cannot manage employment- be careful on that. you have to create genuine employment.

Well just depositing 200k will obviously raise eyebrows.

Here we are talking about a trading company which is generating revenues (or not), regardless of being profitable or not , but is actively trading.

email text:

-----------------
Dear xxxxxxx
If you have invested the funds at initial application stage you purely have to show you have invested the money and supply the evidence to prove it.

If you are applying at extension stage you would need to show that you have invested the money and that your investment has created extra jobs supplying the evidence as required in the policy guidance. We do not however stipulate how the money within the business must be used.

Thanks

-------------------------------

Please read the last line of the email - " We do not however stipulate how the money within the business must be used.",
This was the response to my explicit question of whether the 200k should be spent by the business and they confirmed that they, do not stipulate what the business should do with the investment (aka the 200k).

MTZ510 wrote:
rahulsingh1 wrote:you only have to say that 50k has been invested - put in the companys bank acount..- nothing else.

How the company wishes to use/spend this money is not the business of the ukba.

I have got this confirmed in written from the ukba..
If this is true then after getting entry clearance one has to establish a business on paper and have the funds deposited in the business bank account and that's it. The only problem is Job creation and i am sure the accountants can handle this too. I don't think its that simple..

Can you share the written confirmation from UKBA for the benefit of forum members?

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:25 am

rahulsingh1 wrote:Accountants cannot manage employment- be careful on that. you have to create genuine employment.

Well just depositing 200k will obviously raise eyebrows.

Here we are talking about a trading company which is generating revenues (or not), regardless of being profitable or not , but is actively trading.

email text:

-----------------
Dear xxxxxxx
If you have invested the funds at initial application stage you purely have to show you have invested the money and supply the evidence to prove it.

If you are applying at extension stage you would need to show that you have invested the money and that your investment has created extra jobs supplying the evidence as required in the policy guidance. We do not however stipulate how the money within the business must be used.

Thanks

-------------------------------

Please read the last line of the email - " We do not however stipulate how the money within the business must be used.",
This was the response to my explicit question of whether the 200k should be spent by the business and they confirmed that they, do not stipulate what the business should do with the investment (aka the 200k).

MTZ510 wrote:
rahulsingh1 wrote:you only have to say that 50k has been invested - put in the companys bank acount..- nothing else.

How the company wishes to use/spend this money is not the business of the ukba.

I have got this confirmed in written from the ukba..
If this is true then after getting entry clearance one has to establish a business on paper and have the funds deposited in the business bank account and that's it. The only problem is Job creation and i am sure the accountants can handle this too. I don't think its that simple..

Can you share the written confirmation from UKBA for the benefit of forum members?

This is really useful. Thank you Rahul.