ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Link needed to EU Case Law confirming 10 weeks...

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adam caan
Newly Registered

Urgent - Link needed to EU Case Law confirming 10 weeks...

Post by adam caan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi

Can someone please send me a link to EU Case Law which confirmed that at 10 weeks, the EU Worker is classed as having exercised their EU Treaty Rights and can use the SS route to go back to UK. Thanks.

I am sure I read it somewhere, but now need it urgently as did not save it.

Thanks

Regards

Adam Caan

adam caan
Newly Registered

Link found....

Post by adam caan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:06 am

Hi

Thanks to a person on a FB forum, the information has been found and is listed below to help all other people out there challenge the Home Office if they are rejected for using the Surinder Singh route to enter UK with their Non EU Spouse -

"The European Court of Justice ruled in Franca Ninni-Orasche (C-413/01) that a fixed-term contract of employment for ten weeks was sufficient for the applicant to be a worker under EU law."

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:32 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:46 am

I hope you are planing to make an application in the next few days. Coming January it will be difficult.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:53 pm

All these cases seem to be fact sensitive, and may not be applicable to a particular scenario.

Part of Begum is no longer good law, as it has been overridden by changes to the EEA regulations and clarification of the law.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors