ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice for Indian vsa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Londonabc
Newly Registered

Advice for Indian vsa

Post by Londonabc » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Hello!

My six month old son with British citizenship needs to travel to India. We hold Indian passports. My question is which visa do we apply for him- Tourist or entry?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Not exactly a British Citizenship question.

Browse HCI london website, and see what each visa offers in terms of validity and costs, and decide. Its your call.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:41 pm

India does not allow dual nationality so if your child is British then he holds british passport or not, if does hold british passport then check with indian high commission that what is procedure and if you all hold Indian passport then nothing to worry

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:47 pm

ali_asad_pk wrote:India does not allow dual nationality so if your child is British then he holds british passport or not, if does hold british passport then check with indian high commission that what is procedure and if you all hold Indian passport then nothing to worry
not sure if this answered OPs question.

it would certainly help to admit ignorance but not make it profanely obvious.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:54 pm

My six month old son with British citizenship needs to travel to India. We hold Indian passports
reply to this is

India does not allow dual nationality so if your child is British then he holds british passport or not

if does hold british passport then check with indian high commission that what is procedure

and if you all hold Indian passport then nothing to worry

british citizenship and holding indian passport is what was asked to explain in first sentence and rest two are answer of either scenario

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Wow.

What a great expert analysis. :wink:

Londonabc
Newly Registered

Post by Londonabc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:23 pm

My child is British citizen and therefore holds British passport. If he would have Indian passport then obviously no visa would have been required. My concern is since my baby never had Indian passport, would he be eligible for short duration entry visa?

P.S. - I have sent an email to IHC. Hope to get a reply soon.
ali_asad_pk wrote:
My six month old son with British citizenship needs to travel to India. We hold Indian passports
reply to this is

India does not allow dual nationality so if your child is British then he holds british passport or not

if does hold british passport then check with indian high commission that what is procedure

and if you all hold Indian passport then nothing to worry

british citizenship and holding indian passport is what was asked to explain in first sentence and rest two are answer of either scenario

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:34 pm

How long is the child going to stay in India?

Londonabc
Newly Registered

Post by Londonabc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Around 2 - 3 months. Need to apply visa because we need to travel soon. Once we are back, We would be applying for his PIO card.
Ayyubi72 wrote:How long is the child going to stay in India?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Right. I wonder why you are stressing yourselves then, and trying to find out answers for questions which do not exist in reality.

Just simply apply for a tourist visa for child. This visa is valid for 6 months.

With your application, include a photocopy of child's full birth certificate, and copy of parents Indian passports to ensure that they understand the child is of Indian origin and they give a full 6 months tourist visa.

Londonabc
Newly Registered

Post by Londonabc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Thank you so much for the advice! :)

Was just worried because tourist visa might not be for six months ( as VFS India Website says)!

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:26 pm

So what if its not. Even if its for 3 months it won't be a problem for child.

If the child is of Indian origin, then to extend visa in India is a piece of cake. Just show them childs birth certificate and parents passports and they will extend the visa without any further questions.

They cannot deport a British Child from India, when both the parents of child are Indians. Even if they do decide to deport the child, they will struggle to find an airline who will be willing to fly a 9 months old passenger travelling alone.

:lol: