ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Care's Allowance and Financial Requirement exemption

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:06 am

I was wondering if anyone could help me as i applied for spouse visa... but we were refused as they say i have not been on caresallowance long enough... I have been getting caresallowance for 6 months only and they are saying 6 months is not long enough... Is there any way i could go round this?

i get caresallowance, child benefit and child taxt credit for my kids...

I would apperiate any help anyone could give me... Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:27 am

What exactly does the refusal say? Do you also work and are you receiving income support, council tax benefit and housing benefit? How many children and any savings?.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:09 am

This what they said with the refusal

This is an acknowledgment of your email which was referred to the Entry Clearance Officer .

Accordingly, if the sponsor is in receipt of Carers Allowance they are indeed exempt from having to meet the financial threshold. To qualify for exemption please see below:

12. Where a person is in receipt of Carer's Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Severe Disablement Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment or Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme, all the following must be provided:

(a) Official documentation from the Department for Work and Pensions or Veterans Agency confirming the entitlement and the amount received.
(b) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of application.showing payment of the benefit or allowance into the person's account.

Yours sincerely

Entry Clearance Assistant, Deferrals

I get cares allowance £59
Income support £45
Child tax credit £63
Child benefit £20
And I don't pay as I live with family

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:13 am

This is not a decision letter, have you actually applied? How many children? What did the decision letter state?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:29 am

I have one child... I just them an email saying I get cares allowance and my child is in UK with me

This what they sent us first -

Your application for entry clearance/leave to remain under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules has been considered. Your application falls to be refused solely because you do not meet the income threshold requirement under Appendix FM and/or the related evidential requirements under Appendix FM-SE

In order to qualify under Appendix FM your sponsor is required to show a gross income of £22,400 per year. She is in receipt of benefits and does not meet this requirement.

In order to qualify using your financial circumstances you are required to show savings of £72,000 (£28,400 x 2.5 + £16,000) in an account held by you for 6 months. You have not presented evidence of this.

A decision on your application has therefore been put on hold until the Courts have decided the outcome of the Secretary of State’s appeal in a legal challenge to the income threshold requirement. More information about this hold on decisions is set out on the Home Office website.

Your application will be reviewed and a decision taken on it once the outcome of the legal challenge is known. This may not be for several months at least.

In the meantime, if 19/12/2013 you submit any further information or document(s), it must relate directly to the reasons given above why you do not meet the income threshold requirement. It must also relate only to your circumstances, and/or those of your sponsor, as they were at the date of your application, or in the relevant period(s) prior to that date. If, on the basis of this further information or document(s), your application meets all the requirements of the Immigration Rules, a decision will be taken on your application and it will be granted.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:00 am

Did you supply evidence that you were exempt from the financial requirement i.e. the Carer's Allowance award notice and a bank statement showing payment within the last 12 months?

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:23 am

I have no saving and I have sent evidence of the cares allowance but like I said earlier I have only been getting cares allowance for 8 moths not 12 months... So is anyway to around the 12 months?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:19 pm

No, there is no requirement to be on CA for 12 months. You have been refused because you have been considered under Annex FM 1.7 instead of chapter 8 section FM 1.7A (click). Either due to the ECO's incompetence or because you incorrectly completed the form. You should appeal, within 28 days for out-of-Country applications, this will lead to a reconsideration and the error should be corrected. I'll post a letter which you can include sometime this weekend.

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Can you please help me? What do you think I should do? write an email to apply? How do you think I should go by this... Any suggestion in to say to them?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Was this an out-of-country application?

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Yes... He is in Malaysia and he apply through on line

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:38 am

Can you check your amount, they need to be exact, if pay 4 weekly please state the amount and period.

Carer’s Allowance = £59.75
Income Support = £45.00
Child Tax Credits = £63
Child Benefit = £20.30
Total income = £188.05 per week

For whom are you caring?

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:23 am

I care for my sister...

This the exact amount of money I get weekly.

Income Support = £45.25
Child Tax Credits = £63.14
Child Benefit = £20.30
Total income = £188.44 per week

Do think it's enough and it's what they are asking for? Please help me with what you think I should write to them and say?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:41 pm

It's not enough you need:

The total income support applicable for the family unit including your partner (112.55 + 1 x 65.62 + £17.40) = £195.57 per week.

Your case is on hold so perhaps try and get a small job or ask your sister to pay you £20 per week, this should also not affect your Income Support as there should be an earnings disregard of £20.00 also you can earn up to £100 p/w Net for CA.

Earning £20 per week will take you above the required applicable amount.

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:16 pm

I live with my parents so I don't pay rent... Why do I need all that money? Why is my money not enough?

My sister pays me £25... But do they need to see proof of this? And how would I proof that?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:17 pm

She should only pay you £20 otherwise that can affect Income Support. Yes, you would need some proof, declaring it to Income Support with a letter from your sister saying it is wages not 3rd party support.

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Why do I need this much money (112.55 + 1 x 65.62 + £17.40) = £195.57 per week? Do I need this amount even if I don't pay rent because I live with family?

Would income support give a letter to say that my sister is paying me extra £20 a week?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:22 pm

You need to have the income support applicable amount left over per week after rent.

The income support applicable amount for a couple and one child is £195.57 per week. If your sister creates wage slips for you and you report to income support that you are getting £20 per week (confirm that is the disregard) then they should send you a letter with a new breakdown showing earnings of £20 per week.

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Okay thank you so much for the information and all help you are giving me... Please can you do me a layout of what to say to the them once I have done this.... Like you did for Sonya24?

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Amber... I have declared to income support that I get £20 extra a week and I will be the pay slips... Can you please help me with what to write as I don't have much time and I have to hand in the appeal...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:24 pm

You should appeal the decision and ask for an immediate reconsideration with the following:

As per Annex FM section FM 1.7 at 3.6.1, as the ‘sponsor’ is in receipt of Carer’s Allowance this application is exempt from the Financial Requirement instead, I am required to be adequately maintained and accommodated. I believe the recent decision dated [state date] was erroneous as I satisfy that requirement, and I will now set out how:

Following the Upper Tribunal case of Ahmed [benefits; proof of receipt; evidence] Bangladesh [2013] UKUT 84 [IAC] and the Immigration directorate instructions Chapter 8, Section FM 1.7A – Family – Maintenance (click) (include a copy) at page 3, paragraph 5.2 , staff considering an application for entry clearance, leave to remain, further leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain must demonstrate calculations detailing the actual financial position of the applicant/sponsor in all cases that fall for refusal using the following formula:

A – B ≥ C

A minus B is greater than or equal to C.

Where:

A is the projected income (after deduction of income tax and national insurance contributions);

B is what needs to be spent on accommodation; and

C is the amount of Income Support an equivalent British family of that size can receive.

For the purpose of income, benefit income can be used as income as per the Immigration directorate instructions Chapter 8, Section FM 1.7A – Family – Maintenance at page 2, paragraph 5.1(a). No benefit income is said to be excluded in the Immigration directorate instructions. I have calculated all figures as weekly as per the benefit entitlement letters which you have sight of. For C, the income support applicable amounts for my family unit, I have used the latest April 2013 income support rates as per the DWP figures.

Therefore,

A, income is:

Income Support = £45.25
Child Tax Credits = £63.14
Child Benefit = £20.30
Earnings = £20.00

Total income = £208.44 per week

B, accommodation costs:

Rent = £NIL

Total accommodation costs = £NIL per week

C, income support applicable amount:

An amount for a couple = £112.55 per week, amount for each child = £65.62 and family element = £17.40
The total income support applicable amount for my family unit including me, my partner and one child (112.55 + 1 x 65.62 + £17.40) = £195.57 per week

A at £208.44 – B at £NIL = £208.44

As £208.44 is greater than C at £195.57 I satisfy the requirements as per Ahmed [benefits; proof of receipt; evidence] Bangladesh [2013] UKUT 84 [IAC] and the Immigration directorate instructions Chapter 8, Section FM 1.7A – Family – Maintenance (include a copy) at page 3, paragraph 5.2. Therefore, my application should be granted immediately.

Furthermore, all the benefits I receive will be paid at the same rate when my partner joins me, even though some applications will be changed to joint applications. There will be no additional recourse to public funds when my partner joins me. This was key in the case of Yarce which held that:

“It seems to us that, since these issues involve mixed fact and law, an appellant in an immigration appeal must be able to demonstrate to the judicial fact-finder, either that the actual financial position on arrival will be such as to make it unnecessary to rely upon benefits in order to provide a standard of living equivalent to that available on means tested benefits, or that the relevant law bears on the circumstances of the family, in such a way that there will be no additional recourse to public funds in doing so.”

I have supplied enough evidence, and explained the case clearly to show that we satisfy the adequate maintenance and accommodation requirement. Thus the application should be granted immediately.

Also get a letter from your parents to state that you, your partner and child can live rent free in the house and that you and your partner have an exclusive room and the child has an exclusive room. Include the Land Registry Certificate (available online) to show your parents own the property.

Samsam121
Newly Registered
Mood:
Somalia

Post by Samsam121 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:49 pm

Thank you so much I will do that now