ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Danish Green Card Scheme

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunny khan
Newly Registered

Danish Green Card Scheme

Post by Sunny khan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi there,

I am Sunny Khan. I have recently completed my Masters in International Development from Univeristy of East Anglia UK and a Professional Development Course in War Studies and Conflict Resolution from University of Cambridge. I am a development professional having 5-years professional work experince. I am interested in Danish Green Card Scheme. I need some guidance plz.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:11 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sunny khan
Newly Registered

Thanks Amber!!

Post by Sunny khan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Thank you very much for your kind and urgent reply. I have already checked this website and according to thier criteria, I roughly get 115 points. I have two questions:

1- There is nothing mention on this website regarding visa processing fee by Danish Embassy. Can you please provide me with any useful informations on it.

2- As I mentioned above that I am a development professional and my area of interest is Humanitarian Affairs. Can I put myself in the category " Social Woker" in the positive list?

3- Is it necessary to get a job first then to apply for Danish Green Card Scheme or I will go for job serach after getting in Denmark?

4- If yes to the question 3 then how much time they will give me to find a job related to my profession?

5- Is it compulsory to learn Danish as a Language for getting PR??

Rgds

paulparker
- thin ice -

Post by paulparker » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:26 pm

I don't think you read the website carefully before asking the answers.

1. Processing fee around 6,700 DKK
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/fee/fee.htm

2. Must be decided by Danish anthorities. You should ask them for the correct answer.

3. You do not need a job offer before getting the Greencard.

4. You have 3 years for the first stage. There is no practical require how long you must have a job but you need to prove that you must work at least 10 hours per week to extend ID after 3 years. Detail you can find here:
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t ... ension.htm

5. You must have passed Prøve i Dansk 1 or a Danish language test of an equivalent or higher level.
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t ... e_test.htm[/url]

Sunny khan
Newly Registered

Thanks Paulparker

Post by Sunny khan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks Paulparker for your useful information. Actually the website I visited before did nt give me clear inforamtion about case processing fee. And i also checked differnt other forums which gave me a confusing info about fee.

Well I have some further questions.

1- you said that for extension, application have to show that he is working for at least 10 hours per week. Should this job related to your profession or any job for at least 10 years to show them at least I am working???? because for example, if i find a job related to my profession and that is a full time job as well then i think it should not be less than 35-40 hours per week. 10 hours per week mostly do those type of jobs which are part-time, temporary and mostly students do. As I did in UK.

2- if I have Danish green card then, can i travel, live and work anywhere in any Shangen Country as a full time employee?? and for example if I find work in a country other than Denmark but under Shangen Area, then will they apply same policy for me to get further extension or it would be differnt??

Rgds and thanks again for your kind reply

paulparker wrote:I don't think you read the website carefully before asking the answers.

1. Processing fee around 6,700 DKK
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/fee/fee.htm

2. Must be decided by Danish anthorities. You should ask them for the correct answer.

3. You do not need a job offer before getting the Greencard.

4. You have 3 years for the first stage. There is no practical require how long you must have a job but you need to prove that you must work at least 10 hours per week to extend ID after 3 years. Detail you can find here:
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t ... ension.htm

5. You must have passed Prøve i Dansk 1 or a Danish language test of an equivalent or higher level.
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t ... e_test.htm[/url]

paulparker
- thin ice -

Post by paulparker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 pm

1. All the information about the extension on website they only said that you must work at least 10 hours per week in 12 months. I think you should ask Danish authorities for the exactly requirement for extension.

2. You are not allowed to work anywhere else except for Denmark under Danish Greencard scheme program. Of course you are free to travel legally through Schengen area in the rule 90/180 with this green card but you are not allowed to work.

Your Master degree lasts in 1 year with 180 credits or it is a two year program with thesis? If it is a 2 years Master you might get 60 points for Education.

Sunny khan
Newly Registered

Thanks Paulparker

Post by Sunny khan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Well, I did one year masters degree from UK and also a two years masters from another developing country in Public Administration.

Actually I was thinking that I would be allowed to work anywhere in EU area because I also wanted to work somewhere in Brussels and Switzerland because they are hub for all the big policy making institutions in the world. Poor me
paulparker wrote:1. All the information about the extension on website they only said that you must work at least 10 hours per week in 12 months. I think you should ask Danish authorities for the exactly requirement for extension.

2. You are not allowed to work anywhere else except for Denmark under Danish Greencard scheme program. Of course you are free to travel legally through Schengen area in the rule 90/180 with this green card but you are not allowed to work.

Your Master degree lasts in 1 year with 180 credits or it is a two year program with thesis? If it is a 2 years Master you might get 60 points for Education.
:( :(

paulparker
- thin ice -

Post by paulparker » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:04 pm

So try to get job offers from these countries or think about EU Blue Card program.

Sunny khan
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny khan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:37 pm

Blue card program???? How to apply for that Scheme?

km77pk
Newly Registered

Re: Danish Green Card Scheme

Post by km77pk » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi,

Appreciate if gurus reply.

I am looking to apply for danish green card scheme, Please can you confirm if we need to provide Danish language test result or alone Ielts result will suffice language requirment.

Please confirm.

Regards

merigaraj
Newly Registered

Re: Danish Green Card Scheme

Post by merigaraj » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi , I am Rajesh from Hyderabad,35 years.
Engineering(Computer science) 4 years,India
Exp - 8 years in IT as software developer and currently working.

In 2011 I have Danish work permit stamping in my passport and travel got canceled at last minute in my previous company.

I am planning to apply for GC now, Can any one tell me how many points I may score and will my previous stamping make any +ve sign?