ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (from Tier 1 General) Checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aknight

ILR (from Tier 1 General) Checklist

Post by aknight » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Hello Guys,
It is the time for me now to apply for ILR in a couple of days. I appreciate if you can add any missing documents or suggest any tips before I go for PEO appointment.

1. Completed ILR SET(O) application
2. Two Passport size photograhs (with name on the back side)
3. Current Passport + BRP card
4. LITUK pass certificate
5. PEO Appointment letter
6. Email appointment print out
7. 12 months payslips
8. 12 months bank statements
9. Employer absence letter (from previous and current employers)
10. Employment History last 5 years by HMRC + Last 5 years P60 forms

Look forward your thoughts.

Cheers
Last edited by aknight on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:04 pm

I think you need print out of points calculator as well.

Stace_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Stace_ILR » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:18 pm

It might make it easier if you include a form (excel/word doc) of all your days out of the country if they are not all listed in your employee letter.

Good luck. Mine is next week :)

aknight

Post by aknight » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks guys! Points based calculator online is not properly developed. If ILR application needs Points Based Calculator report, then why is ILR not mentioned in the selection? It is only limited to Tier 1. I think I need to assume as if I'm applying for Tier 1 (General) extension and then get the report online? If so I already have my previous Tier 1 (General) visa extension approval letter which contains detailed list of points I claimed then provided by UKBA. Isn't this sufficient? The only thing missing in this document is Maintenance funds parameter, which is anyway not required for ILR. Please advise guys.

jeremy001181

Post by jeremy001181 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:57 pm

The Points-based calculator has no option for applying ILR, only for which you are applying one of following
tier 1,2,4,5
dk2011 wrote:I think you need print out of points calculator as well.

aknight

Post by aknight » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:46 am

Can any Gurus please advise on this? It seems to be a common issue. Not sure how others are managing to do about this!!

alinet_99
Newly Registered

Tier 1 ILR

Post by alinet_99 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:15 am

On the front page of the calculator, you should say that you are applying from 'Inside the UK with permission to enter or stay', and that you are 'Extending your stay in the UK'. You can then bypass sections of the calculator by selecting that you do not want to claim points for that section.

When you have answered the questions and reached the 'Points summary' page, your points score for settlement is shown in the 'Attributes' table. The points total required for your settlement application is shown in brackets at the bottom of this table. You must ignore any points score for your English language and Maintenance - you will not score any points for these when you apply for settlement.

rohankumar01
Newly Registered

P60

Post by rohankumar01 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Do they really need P60 for last 5 years[/i]

aknight

Post by aknight » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:41 pm

P60 for the last 5 years is nice to have as this gives information to a Case Worker that you are economically active in the last 5 years. If you do not have this, you can get Employment History details for the last 5 years from HMRC.

boopat123
Newly Registered

do we really need previous employer letter for absences?

Post by boopat123 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:27 am

Hi

Do we really need to get letter from previous employer if the absences are less than 180 whole days?

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:35 am

Why do you need 9?
Why do you need both documents mentioned in 10?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aknight

Post by aknight » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:07 am

I need No.9 document because I have absences both holidays and long break (140 days continuous).

No.10 because HMRC sent the whole bunch of my P60s and Employment History details pinned. I would like to submit as it is. I can just provide Employment History details as well.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:13 pm

1. Have you read the Tier 1 settlement policy guidance? Does it say that you need to provide any documentary evidence for absences under the 180 days / 12 months limit?
2. There is no logical sense in providing information in duplicate, even though HMRC may have pinned the two sets of documents together before posting them to you.

Regarding queries in your other topic:
Read Q35 with regards to 11L.

What is your 5 year settlement period based on? WP & Tier 1 (General), right?
So when did you enter UK as a WP migrant?

aknight

Post by aknight » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta.

Re absence letter, as per the SET(O) application form you need to provide. However, we have been seeing people are not being asked or case worker not being particular about this evidence. Check page 14 of SET(O) document.

Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying
under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion);
Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except
Highly Skilled Migrants.

Re P60s and HMRC Employment details, I think there is no harm in including those if you already have although I agree the information is same.

Yes, my ILR application is based on WP + Tier 1(G).

I entered into the UK as WP migrant in Feb 2007. I think this what I need to enter in section 6.1 for first date of entry, isn't it?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:05 pm

1. Policy guidance triumphs the application form.
2. What can I say ...
3. What do you think?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:13 pm

The guidance also states that
page 20 wrote:
Evidence in the form of a letter from the employer setting out the reasons for the absences,
including annual leave, must be provided. Tier 1 (General) applicants who are selfemployed or in business must provide a letter of explanation of their business-related
absences, including any time spent on holiday outside the UK.
But you should not actually be required to produce any evidence (letter) if the absences are <180 days per 12 months based on peoples current experience.

Seems caseworkers are not following their guidance so strictly.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aknight

Post by aknight » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks Guys.

Yes, I have been following several posts where people got ILR without submitting absence letters. Because I had an opportunity I could get absence letters and taking along without taking a chance :)

platea1
Newly Registered

Re: ILR (from Tier 1 General) Checklist

Post by platea1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:48 pm

aknight wrote:Hello Guys,
It is the time for me now to apply for ILR in a couple of days. I appreciate if you can add any missing documents or suggest any tips before I go for PEO appointment.

1. Completed ILR SET(O) application
2. Two Passport size photograhs (with name on the back side)
3. Current Passport + BRP card
4. LITUK pass certificate
5. PEO Appointment letter
6. Email appointment print out
7. 12 months payslips
8. 12 months bank statements
9. Employer absence letter (from previous and current employers)
10. Employment History last 5 years by HMRC + Last 5 years P60 forms

Look forward your thoughts.

Cheers
Is number 10 here (whether the employment history from HMRC or the P60s) mandatory or just nice to have? I haven't come across this requirement anywhere else. Thanks for your help.