ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'll apply SET(LR). Dependent's visa status still be valid?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tuliprose
Member of Standing

I'll apply SET(LR). Dependent's visa status still be valid?

Post by tuliprose » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:43 pm

Hello,

I am currently staying in UK on Tier 1 visa status valid till 2016.

My wife lives in UK as my dependent since Dec 2007 and currently hold Tier 1 Dependent Visa expiring 2016.

Our baby born in UK in May 2009 and has got Tier 1 Dependent Visa expiring 2016.

I'll be eligible to apply to SET(LR) in Feb 2014.

I understand that my dependents are not allowed to apply with me for SET(LR).

My Questions:

When I'll send my application for SET(LR), will their Tier 1 Dependent Visa still be valid ?

And what possible options available for me to save processing time and application fees for their visas ?

Many Thanks
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:25 pm

when would you be eligible under 5 yr rule? this route would make a lot of things simpler and less costly for you.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:13 am

wpilr_nov12 may be correct.

See also Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave. Wife status remains valid until expiry for remaining in the UK, unless curtailed.

Note that a UK born child is entitled to register for British citizenship after a parent is granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:23 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:when would you be eligible under 5 yr rule? this route would make a lot of things simpler and less costly for you.
Thanks for your response.

My previous leave was Tier 4 and recently I switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur and will complete 5 years in this category in 2018. Therefore, it is not an option for me.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:24 am

vinny wrote:wpilr_nov12 may be correct.

See also Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave. Wife status remains valid until expiry for remaining in the UK, unless curtailed.

Note that a UK born child is entitled to register for British citizenship after a parent is granted ILR.
Vinny, thanks for your reply.

Kaleem Ahmed
Newly Registered

Re: I'll apply SET(LR). Dependent's visa status still be val

Post by Kaleem Ahmed » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi All;
On 06/04/2014 the drastic changes have been made in immigration rules for pre 9th July, 2012 PBS dependents, if the main applicant gains indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years of long residence.
According to new rules those dependants cannot combine any time spent as PBS dependent with FLR(M) to qualify for ILR and their qualifying time period of 5 years will start from the day they are granted an FLR(M).
Under the new rules you have to meet the minimum income threshold of £18600 as well or even more if you have non UK born children.
There are lot of people who are being affected adversely with this change in rules.
We are now about to challenge the rule. Please come forward and join hands together for common cause and join us on Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/716996288335740
Thanks