ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unpaid absence from UK between two employments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bygodsgrace

Unpaid absence from UK between two employments

Post by bygodsgrace » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:53 am

Hi All,

I am on Tier 1 General Visa. From June 2011 to Sep 2011 I was unemployed and was not present in UK for one month during this period. But I signed a new employment contract before I went out of UK. Will this break my continuous 5 years period for eligibility?

Another question which I have is, Is a letter from my previous employer required as evidence for annual leave absences?

Thanks in advance,

MK123
United Kingdom

Post by MK123 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:59 pm

As long as you have a valid Tier 1 visa, you should be fine. And for the 30 days you can mention them as vacation as long as they are less than 180 days that particular year you should not have any issues.

bygodsgrace

Post by bygodsgrace » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply MK123.

Can any expert help me on answering the second question and the first one if possible in detail?

Thanks a lot

shriakhilesh

Re: Unpaid absence from UK between two employments

Post by shriakhilesh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:11 am

I entered UK with Tier 2 ICT on 10-Oct-2009. I migrated from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General in Feb 2014. Now applying for ILR (Set(O)

1. The CoS of my Tier 2 General(New) employer started from 10-Feb-2015 but I was still working with my Tier 2 ICT (Old) employer until 15-Feb-2015. Will this be a problem as from 10-Feb to 15 Feb I was still working with my Tier 2 ICT employer (whose CoS would have been superceded by the new Tier 2 General CoS) ?

2. I joined my new Tier 2 General employer on 20-Mar-2014 (CoS and Visa already changed in Feb 2014).Before joining my new employer, there was a gap of 35 days when I was not in UK (holidays before joining new employer). How should I mention that in the absence from UK sheet in the Set(O) form as I don’t have payslip for that month . There has been no gap in continuation of CoS though. Shall I mention ‘Holidays before joining new employer’ as the reason? or shall I put ‘Annual Leaves’ as I have filled for other leaves?

Need and urgent reply. Thanks