ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some things are not possible?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nicgentile
Newly Registered

Some things are not possible?

Post by nicgentile » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:36 am

This is for my computer-phobe friend.

This is related (not similar) to this AD http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=16557

Here is the scenario.

Last week I was up in Manchester on work stuff, and I stayed over at a friends house (I hate hotels).

He has ILR, for about three weeks now, excited as hell and now feeling more secure about long term stay in the Country. He met a woman sometime back while working for the UN in Ethiopia (I met him thru my girlfriend). Now him and his girlfriend have decided to tie the knot. They have been together about four years (on and off). She did something silly when they broke up some time back and got married to try get into the UK. But the bloke she married had fake bank statements and employment letters, and the embassy also saw right thru the marriage. Sad. Anyway, this was about 1.5 to two years ago. Obviously she is on the watch list cause of this especially with fingerprints taken and all. There was no conviction on this.

Anyway, long story short, my friend is heading around November for his wedding. It is a genuine wedding, and they do love each other. I had queried my girlfriend as to whether she is doing it for the sake of coming in, and she is being genuine, but you never know. All he wants to know is, if he has everything real (bank statements, employment letters, proof of housing), will he be able to walk into the embassy there with his new wife and apply for a visa and be successful?

stedman

Re: Some things are not possible?

Post by stedman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:17 am

nicgentile wrote:This is for my computer-phobe friend.

This is related (not similar) to this AD http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=16557

Here is the scenario.

Last week I was up in Manchester on work stuff, and I stayed over at a friends house (I hate hotels).

He has ILR, for about three weeks now, excited as hell and now feeling more secure about long term stay in the Country. He met a woman sometime back while working for the UN in Ethiopia (I met him thru my girlfriend). Now him and his girlfriend have decided to tie the knot. They have been together about four years (on and off). She did something silly when they broke up some time back and got married to try get into the UK. But the bloke she married had fake bank statements and employment letters, and the embassy also saw right thru the marriage. Sad. Anyway, this was about 1.5 to two years ago. Obviously she is on the watch list cause of this especially with fingerprints taken and all. There was no conviction on this.

Anyway, long story short, my friend is heading around November for his wedding. It is a genuine wedding, and they do love each other. I had queried my girlfriend as to whether she is doing it for the sake of coming in, and she is being genuine, but you never know. All he wants to know is, if he has everything real (bank statements, employment letters, proof of housing), will he be able to walk into the embassy there with his new wife and apply for a visa and be successful?
Short answer - probably not that easily, especially as he only recently got ILR himself. But they have to just suck it and see.

nicgentile
Newly Registered

Post by nicgentile » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:23 am

Short answer - probably not that easily, especially as he only recently got ILR himself. But they have to just suck it and see.
If he takes an immigration lawyer with him, does it make any difference? Is there anything he can do here prior to leaving?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:35 pm

nicgentile wrote:She did something silly when they broke up some time back and got married to try get into the UK.
Has she got a divorce for her previous marriage?

nicgentile
Newly Registered

Post by nicgentile » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:03 am

Yes. The marriage was annulled a couple of days later.