ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nukashif
Newly Registered

English language requirements

Post by nukashif » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:47 pm

HI
I have overseas bachelor degree which is deemed by UKNARIC but I got negative response from UK Naric about English language assessment.

UK NARIC stated that level of English for the degree course does not meet the requirements of CEFR level C1.
but in the additional information, UK NARIC stated that Although it is confirmed that English is the medium of instruction in the teaching and examination system of the department providing this award, It unfortunately has not been possible to confirm that the necessary English language requirements for CEFR Level C1 are met upon completion.

I need to apply BC next month. What should I do? should I go with it or should I take B1 test?

Thanks in advance

nukashif
Newly Registered

Post by nukashif » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Can anyone please help me .

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:31 pm

I have no practical experience with this kind of situation.
But the letter of the law is, that a degree that is taught in english is required.

You overseas degree has been recognised as equivalent to a UK degree, and it has been established that the medium of instruction was english. So, in my opinion, this passes the test.

Let see what other members make of it.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:32 pm

take b1 test.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:56 pm

I agree. B1 test pass will be an insurance that you will not get a refusal for the lack of meeting english requirement.

Jegdis5
Newly Registered

Post by Jegdis5 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Its very clearly mentioned.

Degrees taught in English

If you have a qualification that was taught or researched in English you can meet the English language part of the Knowledge of Language and Life requirement and will not need to show a formal speaking and listening qualification. You can meet this part of the requirement if your qualification:

is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK, or
was taught or researched in an English speaking country other than Canada.
You will need to send your certificate as evidence of your qualification.

UK NARIC regularly update the online points based calculator with information about various degrees. If you obtained a degree overseas and were awarded ten points for English language skill, you can submit evidence from the online points calculator, together with your original degree certificate, to demonstrate that you can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement.

You will still need to pass the Life in the UK test to demonstrate your knowledge of life in the UK.

anjumashfaq
Newly Registered

Re: English language requirements

Post by anjumashfaq » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi, Please can anyone confirm whethe or not an expired IELTS(previously used for HSMP application) can be used for the BC application? Thanks