ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About Spouse Visa application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aleeman
Newly Registered

About Spouse Visa application

Post by Aleeman » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Hello,
I am a new member so I apologize if my query is not in the proper section.

I have just married a girl from Poland We have registered our marriage. I am on student visa tier 4. Now can anyone tell which visa should I apply foron the basis of my recent marriage. My partner has the permission to remain on UK.

Can anyone tell where can I find guidance for the immigration interview. I want to know what is the format of interview and can I download a sample transcript.

Waiting for reply guys:)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Now can anyone tell which visa should I apply for on the basis of my recent marriage.
You should not apply for any type of visa! Instead you should apply for a Residence Card, using form EEA2.

But first, your Polish wife? How is she exercising Treaty Right in the UK? Is she employed? Self-employed? A student? Or self-sufficient?
John

Aleeman
Newly Registered

Post by Aleeman » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Thanks for your response, I am sorry, probably I mixed up details, first of all I forgot to mention that I am from Pakistan, that is why I need to apply for visa, secondly, my wife has applied for job through job center and she is taking benefits from job center

Now could you guide me please

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 am

Once your wife has a job, and thus it is clear that she is exercising Treaty Rights as a Worker, you should make an EEA2 application for a Residence Card.

Technically a Residence Card, issued under EU legislation, is not a visa, although it will most certainly allow you to live in the UK with your wife, and will permit you to continue with your studies, and thereafter to work in the UK.

When does your current Tier 4 visa expire?
John

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:12 am

and don't forget to pay Home student fees ( like British or european ) to your university
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:15 am

Home Fees would only be applicable where the applicant:
UKCISA wrote:on the first day of an academic year of your course you must be a non-UK EEA national, or a Swiss national, and resident in the UK as a worker, or the relevant family member of such a worker;
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.