ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit - legalised passport copy

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wozkas
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit - legalised passport copy

Post by wozkas » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Hello everybody!
I am collecting documents for my husband's EEA FP.

I have a huge doubt concerning the legalised passport copy.
First of all because my embassy in London does not do it, so I have to go to Legalisation office, however I have to have my copy certified by a notary public. It is not only about money, but time: legalisation may take up to 3 weeks. My question is as follows: I am going home for X-mas for a week, during this week we will be submitting his application. Can I have a copy of my passport legalised by a notary in my home country,Poland? Or shall I take the legalised papers from the UK?

Many thanks for any help!
K.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:23 pm

If you are in the same country when he applies, why won't he just take the original passport to the appointment and ask them to make a copy.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

wozkas
Newly Registered

Post by wozkas » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:29 pm

hey,
I know, but I am not sure if we can make an appointment, as this will be between X-mas and New Year.
Maybe I leave him a copy signed by a Polish notary?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:32 pm

There is an excellent chance that an ordinary copy of the passport biometrics page will suffice.

swordfish
Bangladesh

Post by swordfish » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:05 pm

i gave my wife's normal passport copy and that was enough. i got EEA FP in 10 days. though she explained in her cover letter why she couldnt ( No embassy). i think u can also explain in your cover letter.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:41 pm

This is just an opinion, but that is what I would try.
What they want is the proof that you are EU citizen, right?
Why do not you send them a copy of your (good for foreign travel) Polish passport, better notarized in Poland (with explanation why you could not get "embassy stamp"), plus some other proof that you are Polish citizen - an original document which you do not need for travel? Something like national ID or some other document?
By the way, I am not even sure you need anything like that. Think about it: assume you are not yet in UK, but just plan to go there with your husband. You are Polish and apply from Poland. You definitely should not get any "legalized copy" from UK in this case, right? What "embassy" should endorse your passport then?